KFK is back from the dead

Nitza Glit?!

Enjoy the rain! Send some of it this way if you can :wink:

That vulvodynia sounds very familiar: I’ve had pains like that! They don’t last for long–maybe a week or so? But wow do they hurt! Hugs to you, and I hope you find relief soon!

Sad, too, to hear about your LYS! :frowning: Definitely see if you can find some nearby knitty friends–like Nitza Glit! :rofling:

Heehee!!

Sending good rain thoughts your way. where do you live, Angelia? :smiley:

Huntsville, Alabama–so you can get the rain in just the right spot! :rofling:

Well it rained a bit this afternoon and I gave the clouds the message- hope it works!

Here is what I WILL look like when I reach my goal weight of 132#! From virtual model on Land’s End. I’m planning to get my hair cut like that ASAP! My shoulder lenght bob is just TOO HOT, and I don’t mean too sexy!

Mod Squad was here!

Oooh, nice! :thumbsup:

I love the hair! If mine had any life in it at all, I would love to wear that style. (As it is, it is straight and sticks to my head. :rollseyes: )

Angelia did you do something cool with that long old hairy link I inserted? Is it something I can do next time? Neato!

Why yes I did do something with it! To make links, just use [url=then put the complete url here]put the word(s) you want to make link [/url then put this] Make sure you use the brackets.

Now you try to link to something and see if it works (if my directions make sense)!

OK I will in a little bit - feeling way tired at the moment, not sure if I’m intellectually up to it :thinking:

Just went on a long walk with the dog. I want to put up a pic of her when I have a moment. I saw the sticky for re-sizing pics, so will use that.

Just wanted to say I cut my hair myself! Pretty much like the virtual model. I tried to get in to my hairdresser but because of the holiday she was all booked. so I was impatient and HOT and did it myself. Not bad if I do say so :blush:

Also wanted to say I love my new pedometer! It is very accurate on the waist band or on the pocket, as long as you keep it level. My new shorts I got 2 weeks ago are fitting better! :cheering:

Oh, I will be gone from Wednesday AM to Monday PM away from the computer. I could take my laptop but it seems like too much effort. I get to go to the Taoist Summit in Boulder Colorado! Yay! :happydance:

Oooh, the Taoist Summit!! Have a wonderful time–give us a full report of the goings on when you get back!!! :happydance: :happydance:

Hi Laura, You mentioned in my blog that you liked the Yamax pedometer so I looked at them and there are so many different kinds! :shock: Which one did you get?

Hi Jan! I’m back finally. I got the El Cheapo model (200 I think) all it does is count steps. That way if I’m really nuts to know how many miles, I will just multiply by my stride.

Guess what? Tonight is the first meeting of the Knitting Circle at our local WONDERFUL used bookstore, Bookman’s. It may be just me sitting there, I did not get around to posting signs yet - although Bookman’s posted it on their website.

:heart:

I’m going to try to post an off-topic poll to see what brand of bra people think is most comfortable. I am so sick of getting indigestion from my !@#@$%$^&*&^%$ bra! And I am very careful that it really does fit.

Gotta go, have to make copies of flyers for tonight!

You get indigestion from your bra?? :thinking: Sports bra you mean? I have tried several and with boobage they just aren’t comfortable. :rollseyes: I was thinking of trying one from Title Nine, but I’m just so picky that it’s a pain to send things back all the time if they don’t fit right! :rollseyes:

Thanks for the step counter info!

WOW you guys won’t believe this! I got to Bookman’s at exactly 7PM, the time I had set for the Knitting Circle - and there were 5 people sitting there knitting! I was thrilled, and I thought they had seen the post on Bookman’s website - BUT believe it or not, they had been there since 5:30, as they have been for over a month every Wednesday night!!!

So I started a group that was already in existence! HA! Turns out that they were the group that used to meet on Weds nights at the LYS - and when the LYS went out of business, they decided to meet at Bookman’s.

Weirdly, the LYS people told me that the Weds night group had stopped due to lack of interest :shock:

So that was why I had the nerve to think I was starting something. If I knew these folks had not petered out at the old location I might have guessed they would be meeting somewhere … but how amazing that it was the same night and place that I picked (maybe it picked me :shock: )

I am so happy to know there is an established group, and especially that there are folks who can sort me out when I have a knitting emergency!!
:cheering:

OMG there are 2 serial killers in Phoenix - they are talking about it on TV right now. We were in Phoenix yesterday for Jim’s doctor appt :oo:
I gotta listen - will write more tomorrow!

Yay on your new knitty friends! :happydance: :happydance:

:shock: TWO serial killers? Ack!

:shock:

Hi Friends :happydance:

OK it feels like forever since I have made a decent addition to this blog. First wanna say that I went to the Stitches site and saw that there is an event in California in October! So Jan, maybe we could go?? Not sure where you other KHs are from, but it looks like a lotta people back east and of course from the center of the knitting universe :wink:

The Taoist summit was pretty cool. There were cool ceremonies and blessings for all the people there, and for 3 generations back and 3 forward. I take that as a pretty nice gesture of good will. The priests were young women as well as men - I’ve heard that the real Taoists are completely non-sexist. However I know that Chinese are not any better than any other country in actual sex-discrimination… not to go there though.

So there were some really darling ancient priests, I wanted to just pinch the one old codger’s cheeks. I’m sure that would have been terribly disrespectful :shock:
He was the one who spoke on the I Ching, which is a subject dear to my heart. I kept thinking it reminded me of Harry Potter, since it was a lot of hocus-pocus!

Anyway, they are hoping to build a temple in the Boulder area due to the great Feng Shui there.

Beyond all that, now that I’m home the big news is there is a job opening for a dietitian at NAU, and I am applying for it. Its 40 hrs a week, and I have not worked that many hours/wk in years - rather daunting! Not sure if I will be happy or sad if I don’t get it
:thinking:

Anyway of course I worry that it will cut into my knitting time!!! :rollseyes:

I wonder if I will ever become a faster knitter?? Have you guys gotten faster over time??

So much to knit, so little time!!

WHile my knitting speed has nowhere come close to approaching my crocheting speed, I have to give a resounding YES! when it comes to has my speed improved. KNIT KNIT KNIT, and it will only get better! :thumbsup:

I do knit faster than I did when I started, but I’m not sure that I’ll ever be particularly quick.

Great to hear that the summit went well! I’d love to go to something like that.

Ooh, that job sounds great! Though I know what you mean about the skeery thought of working 40 hours a week.

That summit sounds like it was FASCINATING! Ive always found different spiritual beliefs intriguing…

You will pick up knitting speed as you go along. I promise! :lol:

Good luck on the job! You can always knit on lunches and breaks! :thumbsup:

You guys are so nice :wink:

I do feel supported in my knitting path, come job or high water :figureditout:

I am determined to knit my buns off in pursuit of improved knitting speed :XX: What I’m noticing now is more ability to read the work and feel comfortable with it - both the socks and the baby blanket. The banana silk thing I frogged and have not started it again yet. I’m positively yearning to begin the suri dream sweater. It will be great for the end of summer or beginning of fall, in that yummy asparagus/fern color!