I was going for the imbedded link thing - DH will definietely know hwo to do it but he is snoozing on the couch
so when he wakes up I will get him to help me fix it!!! 
Then I shall restrain myself from editing it for you 
I’d like to knit faster, but I think I’ve reached my optimum speed. It does depend on what yarn and needles I’m using. Anything knit on Addis is faster than on other needles, at least for me, but I can’t always use Addis.
Speaking of addis (DH is still snoring peacefully) my socks on 2 circs are on addi naturals, and although the package says with smooth transfer. Won’t snag THEY DO SNAG HORRIBLY. I think I should write the company. It seriously slows down my already slow progress. When I was in Boulder I bought some plain old Susan Bates circs at JoAnn’s to transfer the socks onto, however, one of the circs has a nice smooth transfer, but the other has a bad catch. Now I think I’ll go to JoAnn’s here and see if they will exchange. They are very cheap anyway.
So I am guessing when you say addis you mean addi turbos?
Sometimes my hands feel more tired on the turbos than on the naturals. I like Bryspun for regular things, they don’t even make 1’s and 2’s in Bryspun do they?
Has anyone tried knitting socks on one long circ? Didn’t I see that somewhere? If so, what do you think, compared to 2 circ’s? I do find the flapping ends of the spare circ irritating. I still have never tried dpns for socks so maybe the good old way is best.
That’s the sweater I’m doing a swatch for right now!!! In the fern/asparagus colour! It took me a few tries to figure out the stitch, and I think I finally got it. Now I just have to get the proper guage. I’ve been lusting after that sweater for so long, and only got the yarn and pattern to make it on Friday. The suri dream is soooooo soft.
And so is the Merino. But that suri dream… :drool: 
I think the sweater will be pretty straightforward once you get into the groove of the diagonal slip stich pattern. It’s doesn’t appear to be too hard at all, but if you read my blog, you can read about the sweater. It might get put on hold as I make Christmas gifts though.
I’ve never tried Addis so I can’t comment on your experience with them. Sorry!
Here is a pic I’ve been wanting to post, hope it comes out the right size. It was this past May right after I got back from Japan. Over there they really appreciate the blossoms, and I was so surprised to see blossoming trees at home. I’ve only lived here a year but I have been coming to Flagstaff for more than 5 years, and had never noticed the blossoming trees in spring. However it was a particularly good year this year… The tree is in our neighbor’s yard, the cream colored house is ours 
I’m doing a pair of socks toe-up on 1 circ using Magic Loop. The extra circ didn’t bother me, but I am finding one thing interesting. My yarn doesn’t seem to become as tangled as it did with 2. However, I’m still on the toes so it may be too soon to make much of it.
I’m using a Knitpicks Options size 5 needle tips with a 40" cable. I’m using this pattern using the Turkish Cast-on.
If you have any other questions, let me know.
Oooh, that tree is beautiful!!
And yes, I mean Addi Turbos.
Never had a snagging problem with them.
I can’t do Magic Loop. It just won’t work. But I love working with dpns, so that I am a total spaz doesn’t really matter! 
Babydill, I missed your response, just saw it now! That’s pretty neat, we are both working on the same thing! That is, I haven’t started on mine yet, I am determined to get further along on my socks and blanket. But I am curious to see what that diagonal slip stitch is!
I got a few inches done on my socks today, and exchanged the lame Susan Bates circ with the rough edge, so am about to transfer the socks onto the 2 (smooth) susan bates circs to see if they knit smoother than the addi naturals. I’m tempted to send the naturals back, I think I ordered them from knitpicks but I’m not sure. Forgetting to keep the packing slips or receipts, thats a bad habit!
I just blew my food plan with an amazing brownie from the natural foods store. Oh well! Hopefully get right back on it :angelgrin:
I got some cool liquid hair wax at a natural pharmacy while in Boulder - I really like it! Now I need to take a pic with the new self-made hair cut. What I forgot to mention was, I used the piece of corrugated cardboard that I use to make fringe on scarves - its 4.5" high - to cut my hair! I just held it up and measured each clump of hair against it. I like this length a lot - it could actually be shorter for comfort now that it is so hot. But for looks its good.
:waving: Laura
YES YOU DOOOOO! You are a BRAVE woman cutting your own hair! Cant WAIT to see it!! :cheering:
Oooooh!! Please share!!! I might have to try that method myself… 
And I thought the way I cut my hair was goofy! :roflhard: I got bored with mine, so I cut mine off where there was a noticeable change in hair colour from a so-called temporary dye I’d used in November. Once all the purple was gone, and all that was left was the red, I knew I’d cut enough! I got tons of compliments too, and more than one :shock: when they found out I cut it myself! ![]()
I cut my own hair all the time in HS.
I actually went to Cosmetology school and worked for a few years as a hairdresser. I wouldn’t go back though.
Can you link to the stitches site? The one I went to earlier said they had had an event in January in Santa Clara. :??
The two times I tried, it sent me to the east coast stitches event when I clicked on WEST. But it did say there is one in Calif in Oct. I will look again when I have a minute…
I went with Jim when he had a medical test done today and it took all morning, during which I knitted! So have made more headway on the BB blanket. Right now I have some real work related stuff to do before I have a chance to do fun knitting-related stuff! I was just thinking about Christmas, and the projects I have for gifts!! :shifty:
Laura
Christmas already! shiver
OMG I missed my knitting circle tonight! I got ambitious and went to exercise class, then after cooking dinner it was too late 
I definitely wanna go to the next one though. Hey, yay - today I finally finished the app for the job opening. You would not think it would be such a trauma. Then I called all my references to make sure they are cool with be ing referenced, and I’m still waiting for the call back from one person. Then i will click the submit button and it will be outta my hands!
So its time to go meditate - did not get any work done on the socks today but the blanket has grown in size :XX:
nighty night!
Laura
Oh, I pout for you about missing your knitting circle! But, you got in all-important exercise and meditation, so I’d say you at least broke even 
Best of luck on the job!
What are you applying for (if you don’t mind my asking!)?
Thanks for the good wishes about the job 
It is a 40 hr a week <ouch!> position for Health Educator/Dietitian. That is my background so I think it would be really fun. Just not sure about all those hours!!
Here are a couple of pics of the self-administered haircut! One has 2 of our pets also - Holly the Smooth Fox Terrier and Bean, the ancient Calico cat- you can hardly see her she’s so dark. You can see the new issue of Creative Knitting too - lots of goodies in there!
Off to get my car fixed - they contacted me with a safety recall :shock:
have a good day everybody! :waving:
Hey! Good job on the haircut! I like the coloring, too!
Making some slow progress on the socks - no problems, it just takes a long time on these size 1 needles! I’ve been listening to Jasper Fforde’s Eyre Affair on CD
I
Jasper Fforde! I’ve read the book series and now am enjoying hearing it read to me. I think it might be hard to follow on CD if I hadn’t read it first.
Back to the socks!
Laura
HOW CUTE ARE YOUUU!!! :cheering: