Introduction

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to the KnittingHelp forum! …Introduce yourself!:

Hi my name is Jan and I started knitting last November and am enjoying it and have gone from simple knits to aran. Am now knitting an Aran shaw collar cardigan Which I hope turns out alright found it difficult to pick up correct stitches for border but eventually got there. Love this site and all the questions and replies.

4 Likes

Welcome to Knitting Help! Are you having a problem with a pattern?

Welcome to knitting Jan. Glad you’re enjoying this great hobby and, by the sound of it, making excellent progress!

I applaud your adventurous spirit. You are progressing much faster than I did when I first learned.

I did have a problem reading knitting chart but a helpful member put that right

1 Like

Thanks yes really enjoying it

Thanks for boosting my confidence. I have almost finished knitting a fair Isle hat on round needles both firsts for me - certainly keeping me occupied in these strange times.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Shape Armholes?

A post was split to a new topic: Best Starter Pattern for New Knitter

Hello everyone! I’m new to knitting and new to forums and how they work, so please forgive me if I get anything wrong! I have been knitting one week lol. YouTube has been helpful but I need a little extra help from time to time, and this looked like a nice place :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi can anyone help with this pattern

I at back shaping and it tells me to turn - that OK but what do I do after I turn needles?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!
Depending on the size you’re making, you’ll be knitting back across the sts you’ve just knit. That’s 16sts for the smallest size or 26sts for the largest. There will be some sts unworked in the row but you can ignore them for the moment. You’ll get back to them later.
After knitting back across the sts, all the currents sts are bound off. You’ll then go on hold some center sts before working the second shoulder.
What is the name of your pattern and which size are you making?

Hi
Thanks for your reply
Pattern is Minecraft relaxed jumper digital pattern 0272 from hovercraft website
Knitting medium
I am very new to this so have little knowledge
So after turning I knit back through the stitches I have just knitted - but what stitches ?. Do I repeat just what I have already done?

Sorry for being so simple in this

Minecraft means knitcraft

Hovercraft means Hobbycraft website

Yes that’s right.
After the “turn” its like being at the beginning of a row again and so you move on to the next line of instruction where it says “next row” which says k1, p1 all the way across.

Next turn again and work the very same stitches binding them off (casting off).

Does it make sense?

Darn that auto correct. Cute pattern!
https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/knitcraft-relaxed-jumper-digital-pattern-0272/657282-1000

Than you again. Yes makes sense.

1 Like

Thankyou again. Yes makes sense now…

Hi - I am having difficulty knowing where to start on the right front of this jumper. I know the pattern says reverse all shaping but I just don’t know where to start. Could you please advise in baby steps? Thank you Poppy07