As you wish. . .
http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/charts/celtic-cat.htm
As you wish. . .
http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/charts/celtic-cat.htm
That pillow just looks so freakin cool Ingrid! Iām so happy you got that scarf book - a friend of mine (the preggo one I gave the bonnet to) was looking through it and stopped on the dragon pattern and said how cool it was. Then she gasped at the chart - I never realized how tiny the squares are! Whenever I get around to, remind me to get a magnifier :shock:
I was looking over at Barnes and Noble, (my favorite place to be, next to the craft store) and found a book on how to design your own Celtic knots and animals, think I may pick it up this payday.
Not a problem when I can go to the copy machine at work and enlarge. But to be perfectly honest, once you get used to working with charts, the size really isnāt an issue unless itās teeny tiny. I got notification that the book has been shipped. I canāt wait!
Do you remember the name of it?
I donāt, at least not right off the top of my head, will probably go back over to B&N tomorrow and get you the author and title of the book.
If you, or anyone for that matter, are interested in celtic/other charts, www.doverpublications.com has a good variety and very, very reasonable prices.
Well, my wooly board came yesterday, so now I have to put it together and try to block a sweater. I was supposed to have a few hours home alone this morning, but that didnāt work out, so I guess Iāll have Ryan āhelpā me. Always takes twice as long.
I also get to go through my stash and send away yarn. Always cathartic! I just need to find boxes big enough. Unfortunately, Elannās sale ad came through yesterday and in idiot fashion I bought stuff. Off the top of my head, I canāt even remember what. :oops:
But I do know that even though it was impulse buying, it wasnāt impulse junk yarn buying. Ohāit was Harrisville Yarn at half price. Thatās ok then.
I also have to take Ryan to the doctor for his before-kindergarten check-up. I pass my best LYS on the way, and I do need a ball of Dalegarn to finish my ski sweater, so Iāll stop in there for it. If my mission is successful, it will be the first time I ever walked out of there with one ball of yarn. Wish me luck!
They just had their big summer sale, but I restrained myselfāI havenāt used the yarn I bought at their big winter sale yet!
Well, Ingrid, I finally found my way over to your blog! I had so much fun reading through all the pages. Your pics are gorgeous! I canāt believe how many sweaters youāve done. My son would really like the ones w/ the stripe across the front ā do you remember where you got the pattern?
Glad to see youāve joined blogdom and that you got a camera!! I knew that someone as helpful as you have been must have quite a gallery of FOs!
Anxiously awaiting alpaca pics ā ooo that sorta rolls off the tongue ā alpaca pics, alpaca pics, alpaca pics ⦠I do so love alliteration.
Thanks! The alpaca pics will have to wait until the Dutchess County Fair is over. My friend is in charge of the flower show, so sheās there all day every day.
The sweater with the stripes is from The Complete Book of Raglan Sweaters from Leisure Arts, Leaflet 2996. It is a pretty good book to have on hand as sizes for most of the sweaters in it range from 6 mos. up to size 50.
size 50???
Yes. 50. As in inches.
:happydance: I did it! I went to the best LYS around here and walked out with one ball of Dalegarn Falk and one jar of wool wash. There was a lot of stuff still marked down from the sale, but I was strong! Ryan had to go around and feel all the yarn, though. I trained that boy well!
We also stopped in ACMoore because the doctorās visit was quick for a change and I didnāt buy any yarn there, either. I wasnāt tempted much, though, to be honest. We fiberbated there, too, though.
Also got to astashinate at the post office. That felt good. Now I can rearrange and regroup and hopefully get the mass of stash a bit smaller.
Got the wooly board set up, but Iām too tired to deal with measurements and washing the sweater. Tomorrow. Then I can leave it out in the shade and with the breeze it should dry in no time.
Well, I can only imagine the uproar on here when you are finally able to post pictures of the alpacas! :rollseyes: Youāll probably bring down the server.
Oh, and thanks for the info on the pattern book! That does sound like a good one; what a size range!
And, speaking of too tired to ā¦
ā¦
![]()
āastashinateā ⦠teehehe :eyebrow:
āastashinateā ⦠teehehe :eyebrow:[/quote]
Sounds like a tough word, but it brings up such pleasant feelings. ![]()
Sounds like a tough word? It IS a tough word ⦠excuse me whilst I puff out my chest and saunter about consider all the possible ways to perform ⦠⦠⦠astashination! Grrr ⦠:devil: hahaha
Very good! And donāt forget SABLE!
*stash amassed beyond life expectancy, for the uninitiated
Well the sweater is on the Rack (wooly board). I felt like I was waiting for it to confess the way it stretched. I never would have been able (willing) to pin it to the extent that this thing stretches it. I put my favorite sweater on there and then set the size. I washed this one, rolled it, stomped on the towel, and hung it out to dry.
Weāll see what happens later.