Heeeey … pssst - where’d ya get the rack? Nifty, indeed.
:fingerwag: :roflhard: I need the rack to fit the home-grown rack!!!
:oops: Man, that one did a loopty-doop right over my head AT FIRST!! :rofling:
:rofling: You’re getting a reputation–I thought you intended the double meaning! :roflhard:
When I think back to how excited I was to get the yarn for this sweater! I left work and snuck off to the post office to pick up the package. It was better than any Christmas I remember. Sick really. :? I had wanted to knit this sweater for a long time before I had the nerve. Then they were short on the yarn color that started in the third row! I ended up doing the Celtic knot one first, but I just loved this one.
Now I’m getting a hankering for another Fair Isle. I have so much yarn though, that I might try to adapt those yarns for a pattern. I’ll see how brave I am. The problem for me is that it’s such a big undertaking that if I don’t like it, it’s a really huge waste of time.
Nope…not sick at all…we’ve ALL stalked the mailman, or the receptionist who takes in the deliveries, or the postoffice, at one time or another. That’s a sign of a good, HEALTHY knitting addiction! ![]()
You’re right, if I need to be addicted to something, it might as well be something productive. But man, I’m itchy to buy more shetland yarn, even though I have piles. I’ll have to get a plan together with my books and my stash. That’ll hold me for a while. I hope.
I felt like I was waiting for it to confess the way it stretched.
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: I can’t believe everyone missed this!
[size=2](Or maybe they were just distracted by your rack?? :eyebrow: )[/size]
I would say yes if there were more men here! It’s ok, nobody listens to me at home, either, :rofling: :rofling:
:roflhard:
I’m a finishing fool these days. I got the tree frog sweater all done and a reluctant Ryan to model it for me. What’s next. . . . .
OMG Ingrid! It looks FABULOUS!!!
I wanna hear what he said about it!!!
[size=2](And, dontcha think you better stop KNITTING and get back over to PHMs blog to FINISH your CHORES, Ingarella???
)[/size]
I don’t mind being Ingarella–I get the prince and live happily ever after. Somebody else is going to have to be the ugly step sisters!
:shock: :roflhard:
One thing about knitting for kids is that you can’t expect the appreciation and admiration you want. To the boys, Grandma’s knitting is so matter-of-fact, they assume I can whip up anything. Ryan, in his expertise, told me that the crocodiles on the sleeves really didn’t look like real crocodiles and he’d like a sweater with a crocodile on the front that wraps across the back like some underwear he has.
I know he likes the sweater, but he was really embarrassed that I took a picture of him in it. He asked me not to show anyone. I’ll have to be careful about what page I’m on when he walks into the room.
Ingrid…I need that sweater in a size 2 toddler :roflhard: :roflhard: It is beautiful ![]()
Joyce
Thanks! I had to make it smaller as it is. I don’t think the frog would fit on a size 2. I’m sure there are talented people out there who could reduce the pattern to make it fit, but it’s not me. 
Yummy, yummy. Kelly’s not the only one who gets goodies in the mail. I’m going to restart the butterfly shawl in the lavendar. It’s lovely, squishy superwash. The tweed will be incorporated into a Fair Isle. 30 balls for 100 buckaroos.
Ingrid, the frog sweater turned out beautiful!
I know what you mean about kids and appreciation…I could spend weeks on something I think is gorgeous and my daughters are pretty unimpressed. But if I used fun fur, well then, that would be a different story… 
:roflhard: I’m eternally grateful that they don’t ask for fun fur!!!
All i gotta say…
:notworthy:
Thanks, Joel. 
Now I have to say What A Difference a Yarn Makes!!
I took the dark purple butterfly shawl off the needles. It just didn’t have the stitch definition I expected for all the work I was putting in. I don’t know if it was the texture or lack of stretch of the yarn, but I wasn’t happy enough with it to keep going.
So, I tried again with the superwash wool I got yesterday. It’s more the color I wanted, and I think the lack of slickness of the yarn and the springiness of it makes all the difference. I have stitch definition!!