Yup, the pattern will definitely show much better with that yarn. It’s going to be gorgeous! ![]()
Thanks, Julie
And I have to share this with you. Earlier today, older brother Jacob came home from a trip with his dad, and one of the first things Ryan showed him was the “cool new fabulous sweater with look crocodiles on the arms.” Jacob was duly impressed, too. They weren’t even in the same room, so I know it wasn’t for my benefit. I feel better. 
:cheering: YAYYYYYYYYY! on BOTH counts! That lilac color is GAWGEOUS! And, yes, you know that he loves his sweater when he’s bragging about it to bis brother!
Either that or it was a little bit of “Ha, ha, Jake Grandma made me a sweater and she didn’t make you one.” They are brothers, after all!
And they will still be doing that when they are both grandfathers… LOL
I caught it … I just rolled my eyes IRL instead of here.
Very cute, Ingrid!
![]()
BTW … I absolutely love the tree frog sweater. I have this thing about tree frogs – I even have one on my desktop. I have also found that my kids don’t get overly enthused when I make something for them, but I’ve overheard them telling someone else, and they are always so nice about it. They’re much more proud than I realize. 
So, what are you making for Jake??? Hmm?
Good question! He’s next, though. ![]()
I asked Jake what he wanted for a sweater, IF he wanted another sweater and he wants a “light red” (whatever that means) with a yin-yang on the front and back, in black, white and gold. The gold will be the spot in the center of the black. I’ll have to show him my reds later on and see if anything suits him, and I must have a yin-yang here somewhere!
He initially wanted crossed daggers, but I don’t think that would go over well in second grade! He thinks he can knit a pillow with the daggers on it. I could take over for the pattern part. He knows how to knit, but hasn’t quite gotten to the point where he avoids holes. We’ll see about the pillow. I’ll get him set up and see how it goes. He want to draw the pattern. I’ll give him some graph paper and let him give it a shot.
You’re the coolest Grandma ever ![]()
You’re sweet, thank you. Now he wants a large mouth bass. I always hold off on starting stuff for him because the possibilities are endless, as is his imagination!
Why dontcha make him a largemouth bass who is wearing a yin/yang pendant and holding 2 crossed daggers?? :mrgreen:
Kelly! You’re a genius!! I’ll get right on that. :cheering:
I’m so totally drooling over your yarn :drooling:
Me, too!
Now I keep wondering if I should get more and more and more and more. Oh, stop me! :shock:
I’m just going to drop over to elann and see what other colors they have. Just to look! Honest! :shifty:
I was good. Tempted, but resisted. It is nice yarn, though. If they had an off white or light blue, mmmmmm
Awww, SHUCKS, Ingrid!! :shifty:
I had another epiphany…you could even SURPRISE him by having the bass wear the hat of his favorite sports team!! ![]()
And maybe he could be juggling the swords as he wears his Yankees hat and yin yang symbol as he’s riding a Harley made of Legos!
:cheering: THAT IS GONNA BE THE COOLEST SWEATER EVER EVER EVERRRR!!! :cheering:
Didja make the chart yet? Huh?? What’re ya waiting for? Get ON it, woman!!