Chart? I don’t need no steenkin’ chart! I’m gonna do it freestyle!!
:happydance: GO INGRID! :happydance: GO INGRID! :happydance: GO INGRID!! :happydance:
I’m kind of a “Johnny come lately” w/ the ideas here, but how about a yin-yang symbol made out of large mouth bass?! Wouldn’t that be cool? I do think they should be wearing the hat, too … both of them.
(BTW, Ingrid, I think you’re a pretty cool grandma, too. Do you think Jake would mind if you shared his design with us? I love it when kids take on stuff like that. Oh, and he sounds like he would get along famously with my fickle 7-year-old DD. :-))
Of course I would share–if he does it. Jake is an idea man. He thinks great things but doesn’t always have the ardor to finish them. We’ll see what happens. And you’re right! I’ve seen yin-yangs that involve fish. I’ll peruse my stuff and wait until all the ideas filter through his mind and he comes up with a final choice. I’ll have him look through my books, too because I’ve got some really cool medieval and celtic things he might just love.
:happydance: I’m probably jinxing myself here, but I just might have three whole days without the kids here. My daughter is going to take them to the ‘other grandma’s’ campsite for the weekend if she can get the time off.
I love them dearly, with all my heart, but, boy, a long weekend of just knitting without interruption. I might even get a chance to re-sort my stash without yarn ball fights. Yes, we’ve had those.
It’s even given me incentive to get the whole house cleaned before hand so I can actually have a clean house for a few days. I always clean up after myself (except for the yarn scraps around my spot on the couch), so any other mess comes from elsewhere.
crossing my fingers
I go back to work on Tuesday, so this will be such a blessing. crosses fingers
(Humming the Twilight Zone Theme)
Very cool Ingrid… hope you get the peace and quiet… that can be a wonderful feeling.

Thanks–I find that a few days off revitalize me. The patience meter goes way up and the stress meter goes way down. My job can be very stressful if I let it, so periodically I need to decompress to start the new school year fresh.
Amazing what even a few hours away will do, sometimes, huh??
Have fun on your days off… Stay away from the puter, too - - - just knit knit knit!!! :XX: :happydance:
There almost was a change in plans, but then back again. I spent all day cleaning, especially the living room where the toys were out of control. I’ll be on the computer too, just to get my fix in before I go back to work on Tuesday. Plus to give my fingers a change of pace. :happydance:
I bet you are gonna be BORED out of your WITS by the time those kids are almost ready to come home! :lol:
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: I knew you were funny, Kelly but you’ve out done yourself!!
By the second day, I’ll miss them on an emotional level, but since I know they’ll be home on Monday I’ll revel in the silence and in the freedom to just pick up and go somewhere without getting everyone ready to go with me.
You have to remember, I raised three of my own. I haven’t had a whole lot of down time in between!
You know, I have an inner battle about having another baby. My husband would be happy either way. He would like to have a child to carry on his bloodline :rollseyes: but then he’s not really worried about it because he considers my daughter as his daughter
Anyway, everytime I find myself wanting a baby, I think back to not being able to leave the house without a HUGE diaper bag, car seat, baby wipes, umpteen bottles, change of clothing, toys, blankets, extra diapers, snacks, stroller, and anything else I can’t think of right now. It’s still tough to get a 15 year old in a car without a lot of hassle, but at least THEY are the ones having to drag all their stuff. :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Spoken like a true veteran! When I’m home alone, I find myself going to the grocery store at 10 at night, just because I can. Especially in the summer–I babysit so many nights, that the farthest I get on warm summer evenings is the deck!
But to be honest, if they moved out right now, I’d be devastated. Now when they’re teenagers . . . . .
As for my wife and I…
2 is enough… and like your husband Aby, I consider my oldest daughter my daughter even though my genetics were not involved.
Ingrid,
My oldest (DD) is out of college and on her own. My middle (DS) just left for his freshman year in college last weekend, and my youngest (DD) is a junior in high school but during the school year she lives at her dad’s most of the time. It gets awfully quiet at my house now. When they were all little I used to dream about an uninterupted HALF HOUR. What’s the old saying - Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it! :rollseyes:
Enjoy your weekend! :happydance:
Happy Knitting :XX:
Mary
As I said, if they moved out permanently, I’d be devastated. If dd helped more around the house I wouldn’t feel so overwhelmed, I think. It’s one thing to have the boys around–I truly enjoy them–it’s the mess and laundry that goes with little kids that gets tiresome. I really think that the major part of them both being away for a few days is the lack of mess/meals/dishes.
That and being able to go to the bathroom without an urgent question being yelled through the door! :rofling:
I sure remember that! :rollseyes:
The favorite :doh: question always seemed to be “What’re you doing?” or “Where are you?”
And you’re SO right about the laundry. - NEVERENDING!
Mary
Oh yes! Ryan (he’s 5) always is asking what I’m doing, even when it’s obvious. Our latest ‘lesson’ is for me to tell him to wait and see what it is I’m doing, and then if he doesn’t understand, he can ask. Even if we’re in the car, and I reach into my pocketbook to check to see if, say, I have my checkbook, right away it’s, “What are you looking for?” I think he must believe I have a stash of candy in there.
They leave the door closed??? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Well, mine are younger and that means that I am unfortunately very involved in their bathroom habits - so they apparently feel it’s ok to disregard mine…
even the cat follows me into the bathroom…at least the dogs lay just outside the door and wait politely…:rollseyes:
So what are you working on now, wonder woman??
I learned a long time ago to lock the door!
Wonder Woman is out saving the world in her invisible jet. Me? Not so much!
Well, I’m still chugging along on the Swallowtail Shawl, making progress, but only working on it when there are no kids around. I picked up my Dale ski sweater again to work on the sleeves and am making great progress. All the patterning on the top is done so its all tan down to the cuffs. Mindless stuff, with decreasing–a good project when there are peeps around.
I’m determined to finish the sleeves and be done with it, unless Jake comes up with a definite answer to his next sweater. It changes every 45 minutes or so, getting more elaborate and complicated each time, so I’ll have to break out my books and give him some realistic ideas. Even then I’ll probably wait because he won’t wear it for a while, anyway.
AND then there’s the scarf book I’m waiting for, so that might get my interest, and, and, and. . . you know the drill.