Ingrid has come in out of the yard

OMG, Joel!! Thats a FABULOUS idea!! Im gonna scrape all the little 1/2" long howie-hairs off the couches & chairs & send them your way! I didnt realize you could SPIN! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :notworthy:[/quote]

:roflhard: Ok… I’ll try it… :rollseyes: (wonder how I’m supposed to keep from getting dizzy doing all that spinning)

Actually KK, just as an interesting FYI… we do have a hand spinner and I have heard of someone doing dog hair and then making something with it… albeit it was a long hair dog…

Spinning dog hair is not uncommon. In the back of knitting magazines there are even places that you can send your hair off to be carded and combed, maybe even spun. A woman that I know at work has three pounds of dog hair saved up.

Of course there’s the obvious question of how would a wet dog sweater smell? And how silly would it be to make a dog’s coat out of a dog’s coat?

I always store all my pet hair in the vacuum. :rollseyes:

we seem to just store all the dog hair on the floor with everything else… :rollseyes:

I dont think anyone could do much of anything with Howie’s hair…when he sheds, its like little white eyelashes all over the place! Now, SOPHIE on the other hand…maybe Ill asked the groomer to start saving Sophie-clippings. She is SO SO SOOO soft. But, she doesnt shed. Id love to have a Sophie shawl!

I didnt know there were places you could send it to have it dealt with but i guess i shouldnt be surprised… From what I’ve heard, when making stuff out of dog hair, you have to use some kind of oil with it… for that wet dog smell reason. It’s kind of like leather in that it takes a lot of maintenance but depending on the dog… like KK said… some of them really make soft furry yarns.

Quite frankly, our dog has too short of hair to do anything with either and I wouldn’t get much use out of our cat either.

Well, I vowed that today was the day I would clean the house. I did get the kitchen done, but then I got the front of the tree-frog sweater done. That was more fun. Tomorrow is always my favorite day, because everything I don’t want to do gets done then!

OMG Ingrid it looks FANTASTICCCCC!!! Your grandson is gonna FLIP!

He has only seen the picture of the frog, because it was an excursion to pick out the frog yarn.

I thought it was hysterical, though, that when I was working on the alligator for the sleeves, he looked at where I had my post-it on the pattern and knew exactly why it was there. His reaction was, “Good job, grandma, you’re almost up to the front legs.” That’s my Ryan, only 5 and can read a knitting chart! proud grandma puffs up

Funny, my husband does that too gushes over understanding and enabling DH I knew I married him for a reason. :heart:

OMG that’s TOO cute!

I used to babysit for 2 boys…my hippie butt had all kinds of coffee table books about nature, trees, animals, etc., and one about coral reefs. These 2- and 4-year olds could point out ALL kinds of fishies when I was done with 'em! Clown fish, puffer fish, angel fish, etc!

It is amazing what they can learn if you take the time to teach them! Or even what they absorb just hanging around.

Yeah, just ask any parent (like mine) when their child yells “well SH*T” as their golf ball rolls down a mountain-side in Gatlinburg, TN (like I did).

Edit: Did I mention I was 3? Much cuter (yet more embarrassing) than 28.

:rollseyes: Yeah, that stuff, too. :rollseyes:

ooo the frong looks great!!! Tomorrow is my favorite day too!

:thinking: frong? It’s going to be a sweater, not underwear! :rollseyes:

I like to add random Rs in words where they don’t belong!!!

Check and see how many times I have fronged a knitting project!!

OMG those are OBSCENE! :roflhard:

Uhhh, no… look for “frog thong” for something obscene… “kermit undies” is very mild!

I’ll knit you a pair of those! :wink:

Our grandson is really into FROGS…I bought him a cheap rubber water frog and stretched out one of the toes and told him that looked like PaPa’s toe and now, he’ll do the same…he LOVES that frog :rofling:

Initially, I didn’t know what the term “frogging” meant either…quickly learned :roflhard:

Joyce