The g’sons are 5 and 7. I’m afraid they’d bite back!! But if you want to come over, I’ll leave the yarn out for ya. Ummm, by the time you got here the cat will have contaminated it. I’ll take it out for you if you want to make the trip! ![]()
Is Pleasant Valley the place that The Monkees wrote the song about? Ive never been to NY…only had a short layover at JFK!
I think (hope) they used a generic Pleasant Valley. It’s a small town, but not a “suburbia” type of thing. Rather pleasant, if I do say so myself. :rollseyes: I grew up in NYC, in the Bronx, but I’ve lived in these here parts since I graduated from High School waaaay back in the 70’s.
Ill be right over!! :mrgreen:
- mentally calulating how young Ingrid is *
As I tell my students, I’m 40 11. I used to try not to tell them my age, but so much energy was put into trying to figure it out, I shut them up with honesty.
They think I’m younger at first–more attitude that appearance, I think, but when I tell them I have a 30-year-old daughter, they think I’m older. So sticking to the truth is best for me. 
Im celebrating the 10th anniversary of my 25th birthday this year, myself!
Ingrid…everything you’ve knitted is so beautiful…have you ever taken a class or are you self-taught…or are you just naturally gifted?? 
My DIL would LOVE for me to be able to knit Dawson some of those sweaters one of these days…just dreaming…they appear to be rather complicated and look better than store-bought…
![]()
I’m so glad you have a blog :lol:
Joyce
Thanks!
No, the only knitting ‘lesson’ I had was when I was about 9 years old. Everything else I learned from books. Just doing what I was told and going forward. One thing I’ve found in knitting is that if you want to do something, do it. What’s the worst that could happen–it doesn’t turn out perfectly? So what! What else in life turns out perfectly on your first try? You always learn from your mistakes and from your successes. Each time I do an intarsia, it gets a little closer to perfect, a little neater on the inside, but never as good as I’d like it to be.
As long as you know the basics and can follow directions, you can knit just about anything. ![]()
That said, I’m ready to throw this g*(&&^^%(&^%d butterfly shawl out the ()&)&^&^) window!!! :rofling: Just when I get to a point when I think I’m really moving along, I look back and see that I messed up and missed it. I just frogged another inch or so, again, because the center line was off. I guess I can’t work on it when there are children that have the NERVE to talk to their grandmother every few minutes. At this point I feel like either they go or the shawl goes!
I’m so disgusted that I’m seriously considering starting it over in a lighter color, which I think I’d prefer anyway, and investing in a sound-proof booth! :rofling:
hehehe… Sometimes, when my daughter has just talked me to death, and she says “mommy?” to ask another question, I say… “mommy? who is this mommy person? I changed my name to invisiblepersonwithnoearswhositsonthecouch”
That makes her giggle and usually shuts her up… for a few minutes, at least.
:lol: I remember telling my kids that I’d changed my name to something incredible unpronounceable and it was a secret, anyway.
OMG I used to get SO SO SOOOOO angry when my mom did that!! :mad: My little 5-yr old mind was thinking “G-D-it MOMMY! I only have ONE MORE QUESTION!!” I was always precocious, and I used to get really upset when adults didnt take me seriously… :roflhard:
LOL Kelly, I was the same way, too - so now when my boys have been bugging me so much that it feels like my ears are going to fall off, I just copy them. It’s their favorite game, and they get so distracted that they eventually forget what they wanted in the first place! :roflhard:
Too bad about the shawl, Ingrid, it looks so pretty so far - just set it aside and work on something mindless until the kids go home, you’ll be completely refreshed and ready for it then 
I have set it aside. One thing I need to point out though, the boys and their mom live here. The ARE home! There is no rest for the weary! :lol: I blame them, but it’s my lack of attention to the details that is getting me in trouble. Especially when I had to admit that the last two inches was done after they went to bed!
When we left for the grocery store this afternoon after my frustration with the shawl, I got a package in the mailbox which contained the necessities for a project that I needed stuff for. So I started that. I don’t want to say what it is, because it’s so unusual. I’d rather post a pic when it’s done. 
my curiousity is officially piqued. 
:mad: NOT FAIR!!! I WANNA SEE!!! :mad:
I’m knitting as fast as I can!! :hiding:
For some reason I thought the grandkids were just visiting
That does make it a little tougher…
Wow, you’re knitting something so cool that you can’t even tell us what it is?? :rofling: That’s not me laughing, it’s me dying from suspense!!
Good lord, don’t build it up too much! Y’all will be disappointed. It will be a first for me and probably for the forum. That’s all I have to say. Definitely NOT on the same level as Silver’s beeeeuuutiful sweater, by any means!
As to the kiddies, they’re sleeping now, so all my frustration and fatigue goes away when I go in to check their beautiful faces. 
Let’s see if we can guess what’s she knitting… um…
Sleeping bag? Tuxedo? Toupee? Camping Tent? Rug? US Flag?