Uh oh…sounds like an episode of “IRON KNITTER” is in the works!! :roflhard:
[size=2](You know…like Iron Chef on the Food Network?) [/size][/quote]
IRON???.. what kind of needles you using KK? :roflhard:
[size=2]…And on this side we have Knitter Ingrid and her Turbo needles… our knitters today will be given 3 different colored skeins of a cotton-wool-alpaca blend…[/size]
Wow Ingrid, That is a beautiful one too! I am not going to let my ds see these pictures or he will be wanting to adopt a new grandma!!! He saw a dinosaur sweater pattern in one of the Family circle magazines and has been asking me to make it for him. The very idea is too overwhelming to me. And this design was much simplier than these.
I figure I’ve got this bloggy thing, I might as well use it.
I’ve been playing with the Swallowtail shawl a lot. First on doubled yarn. I like the way it looks, but the pattern doesn’t show up well enough. Then I tried it on the yarn by itself and it’s too loose. I had some Summer Soho in maroon which is going to work, and got quite a bit done, but found some places where I messed up on the pattern. Took that off the needles, too.
I restarted last night and am being very, very careful. Luckily I only have to cast on 2 st per side to start. I’ll post a picture when I get the two bottom points joined and a couple of inches more done. It’s not difficult, per se, but every mistake shows. No fudging on this one!
And now that I found that chart service, watch out! My niece is in love with the Lord of the Dance, so I made a practice chart from a picture. It’s a little blurry, but I think with some work I can get a good chart and make her a pillow with it. I’d make her a sweater, but my sister said she’d never take it off. My niece is 23, and is mentally retarded, anything she loves she really latches on to!
I posted a pic of what I have so far on the Swallowtail Shawl in the WYK section, but I’ll put a close up of the pattern here. I’m hoping it’ll show up better when it’s blocked. Since I’ve never blocked a shawl before, what do you think?
:happydance: Three weeks “off”!! The off is in quotes, because I’ll be home with the kiddies while they’re mom (my daughter) is at work. Sometimes it gets a bit tiresome, but overall I’m grateful that I have such a close relationship with them.
Right now I’m dreading going back to ‘regular’ school because summer school is so easy-breezy that I feel like a thief when I get my paycheck! I’m expecting, though that after three weeks at home with ‘the guys’, I’ll be ready to go back to work. Then when I come home, I can appreciate them all over again.
The kids I work with during the school year are emotionally disturbed and psychiatrically impaired teens, whose behavior is inappropriate for their home school districts. It sounds a lot more chaotic and stressful than it really is.
But in the meantime, knit, knit, knit!!! I can even stay up late to knit. No having to get up at 6. For a while, anyway.
I hope to finish the shawl, finish the sleeves on the Dale sweater, block my latest Sweaters from Camp sweater and then decide if I really need the hem I added and haven’t sewn in yet. I ordered a Wooly Board, so that should be interesting when it comes! I also have to make more clogs. I want to make my son a sweater or blanket with a yin/yang symbol as well as with the five animals from his Kung Fu obsession. We’ll see.
Oh yeah, then there’s the tumbling blocks afghan I set aside, the Latvian sweater in need of sleeves, the other sweater I’m making for my niece and the one my daughter asked me to make. Three weeks ain’t gonna cut it!
I see it as more security than anything else. I could probably knit just about anything, but I fear total wet blocking, which is recommended for the Fair Isle sweaters. The one with the Celtic Knot on it is barely blocked because it fits. I kind of steamed it a bit. I’ll probably throw that one on the Wooly Board, too. The other Fair Isle sweaters I knit with Encore that I had already. I wash and dry them and they get softer and nicer each time. I love the colors of the shetland wool, though, so that’s why I ventured out. You can’t beat 160 colors to choose from.
Here’s most of my stash of Jamieson & Smith 2-ply jumper weight. I have a bag of similar weight of Rowan that I got on sale, but it doesn’t compare. (plus it didn’t fit!)