Ingrid has come in out of the yard

Wow, I think we could tell by your helpful posts how good you are, but wow, those are really great.

And I think you can tell by our posts that we really ARE hooligans, so the SEX talk shouldn’t surprise you. :devil:

Thank you.

It’s OK, I’m glad you feel comfortable here in my new blog to be yourselves!!

:lol:

Yeah…I’ve already popped some musicals into your DVD player, sprawled out on the couch & Im munchin’ on some popcorn!

Um…did you want some? :shifty:

I LOVE that Dragon sweater! :shock: My son would flip! You are an artist!

Great stuff!

I would be an artist if I created the pattern. I just follow directions well. It’s a pattern from a book called Kids Kids Kids—40 Winning patterns from the Knitter’s Magazine Contest. I went into the lys to find a dragon pattern for my g’son and almost fell over when I found it. Bought a LOT of yarn that day!

Pattern or not, in my book, Ingrid, THAT takes an artist!!!

Actually, this is the one I’m most proud of. I ‘forgot’ about it because it’s too big for anyone just yet so I had it tucked away.

I like that pattern, the dragons look almost like chinese dragons.

It’s actually from a Celtic book.

<shrug> I’m not well versed in Dragonology, Despite being born in the year of the Dragon. <sigh> oh well, can’t say that I don’t know what I like :smiley:

:shock: Oh man, Ingrid, you are OFF THE HOOK! (as the kids would say!) :thumbsup:
I’m so glad you mentioned where you got the pattern for that dragon sweater, my son would FLIP OUT!!! if I made him one like that… Might take me a year, but I could do it…maybe…
I love your new avatar, I was actually looking at a design almost exactly like that and wondering how I could do it - I have a book full of charted Celtic designs (by the way I am also loving the birds!!)but they’re only charted in black&white and super tiny… I’ve never worked from a chart before, so something that intricate is kind of intimidating…
I love the way the top turned out! I like the color a lot (especially against the yellow floor - it really stands out!)
What I’m most impressed about is that you have FO’s from the last few years still around…I’m lucky if my FO’s are still in the house a week later LOL
Beautiful stuff…I am :notworthy: :notworthy: :wink:

Actually the color is a little off in the pic of your top. The floor is off-white and the top is true purple. My first posted pic, though.

The FOs in the folder are probably from the past 1 1/2 years. The adult sweaters are ones that I wear, and the kids live here, so you’ve gotten a glimpse at our winter wardrobes!

The Celtic symbol in the avatar is from the sweater I knit from Sweaters from Camp, a Meg Swansen book published by Schoolhouse Press. I’m finishing up another from that book, too. If I win the lottery, I’m buying enough yarn to knit every sweater in it!

Ingrid,

Your finished work is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! :notworthy: :notworthy: :balloons: :balloons:

We all bow before the holder of the Golden Needles !!

How many grandchildren do you have? I don’t have any yet (which is good because none of my children are married), but someday I’m looking forward to having small children to knit for again!

When mine were pre-school and elementary age it seemed like I could never find the time to knit :frowning: - now I’ve got more time but they’re all (almost) grown up.

HAPPY KNITTING :XX: :XX:

Mary

None of my kids are married either! :rollseyes: I have two grandsons, 5 and 7 1/2. In fact, I came back to knitting after years of ‘abstinence’ when the older of the two, Jacob, came home from his dad’s house with a hand knit sweater from his great grandmother. When I told him that I could knit, too, he asked me to knit for him.

The rest is history. I think I’ve only missed one day of knitting something the past couple of years.

Those are such fun ages! It seems like yesterday when my son was 5. Now he’s off to college. They do grow SO fast. My MIL had a needlepoint on her wall:

" If I’d known how much fun grandchildren were - I’d have had them FIRST!" :roflhard: :roflhard:

Mary :XX: :XX:

My daughter and her boys live with me, and I do a lot of child care, so I can’s spoil them too much. But I will say I have more patience and bettern perspective about what’s important.

Uh oh…sounds like an episode of “IRON KNITTER” is in the works!! :roflhard:

[size=2](You know…like Iron Chef on the Food Network?) [/size]

Uh oh…sounds like an episode of “IRON KNITTER” is in the works!! :roflhard:

[size=2](You know…like Iron Chef on the Food Network?) [/size][/quote]

:roflhard: I showed her!!

I think you should take that “too big” sweater and turn it into a wall hanging It’s too special to be just put away!

I should have mentioned that it’s a kid’s sweater. Too big for now. I don’t imagine that either boy would want to wear it to school or anything, but the younger one goes to Celtic festivals with his other grandma and would probably be a big hit there.