Dishcloth Knit/Crochet Along

It’s the real deal! This guy was a little too shy to come out of his shell :aww:

How cute!!!

I found the link while digging through the stash busters sticky in the pattern central: the lettering can be skipped or reworded as you like.

http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/PATTbacktoschool.html

Thought it was nice to have multiple patterns on the same page. :slight_smile:

Annnd… Alphabet squares. Could be cute dishcloths too.

http://www.knittingknonsense.com/ALPHA_TABLE.htm

I got a request for “There’s no place like 127.0.0” or a similar number, I never remember what it is.

Nice to see you, GG. You’ve been missed. :grphug:

LOL! That’s great, GG. I would have [I]never[/I] thought of using my IP for home in that saying. :oops:

I didn’t think it up, Charlotte. My geeky DS asked for a wall hanging. I’ll have to get on it soon. I think the books I have from the library will help. I have Mosaic Knitting and another about color knitting.

Kudos to your clever, geeky DS for coming up with it! It would look neat to combine the old fashioned sampler look with the new dangled techno speak. Just a thought. :slight_smile:

I just finished one of the alphabet squares as a dishcloth - note to self: variegated yarns don’t work well with a purl bump design. Live and learn, and wipe the floors with the failures. :wink:

The combo of “the old fashioned sampler look with the new dangled techno speak” is what my son has in mind, I do believe. I think you and I are on the same wavelength here. :slight_smile:

I :heart: the look. Well, the idea of it, which I am certain you will bring to fruition in a most creative fashion. Looking forward to the pics of the FO.

It should prove to be a nifty project. Can’t wait to see it, GG! :slight_smile:

Well, it’s like this, Claire and Charlotte. I have 2 pr. of socks OTN that I must finish so I can start some for me, and it’s time to start thinking about sewing Xmas PJs. This project will have to wait a while. I still haven’t had a chance to really get into my library books on color and mosaic knitting. My must do list is too too too long. I guess I must not have too much of a problem with it or I wouldn’t keep adding to it. :teehee:

:teehee: How long before you need to turn in those library books? Methinks you may need an extension on them :wink:

Me thinks so too. They’re due sometime next month. They don’t seem to be in high demand so maybe I’ll be able to renew them. I wish I could get them on an ereader but I don’t think so.

Oh my… We do keep adding to those project lists, don’t we??? :roflhard:

Just had to share more quick knitted happiness!:yay:

White Birch Cloth
Saw this, thought it was cool. I’ve not yet worked from a chart, might have to print this out and give it a try!

What a pretty stitch pattern and dishcloth, Janis! Enjoy the expedition into reading charts. :slight_smile:

When I started knitting, I wanted to make a feather and fan dishcloth so badly. I had so many problems with it!! Well, since Friday night I’ve cast on and finished 2 of them. :woohoo: Here’s the 2nd one, I forgot to get pics of the first before I gave it away. The first was just off white, done with sugar and cream cotton on size 6 needles. This one was done on size 8. The next will be done on size 7.

Janis, that’s beautiful! It’s a great opportunity to see which size needles you like with a pattern too. :thumbsup: