Dishcloth Knit/Crochet Along

Thanks GG. I’m getting more confident and adventurous lol. I used the size 6 because all my 7s had UFO’ s on them. It seemed like even trying to keep my tension loose wasn’t enough, it was a tight knit on the yo’s. The size 8 was better, but I think I’ll go back to my 7s. They are my fave dishcloth needles. I’m about to cast on for another lacy cloth now. lacy knit dishcloth. Can’t wait to see how this turns out!!

Oh Janis, that is so pretty! :inlove: You have progressed so nicely, it is amazing that you have only been knitting since June.

Janis, your feather & fan cloth is really pretty! :heart:

Something many of us will be doing 'til the cows come home. But I do have one more washcloth completed towards my girl gifts. It’s the Old Shale washcloth in Natural Sandnes Garn Mandarin Petit yarn from the Bathing Beauties booklet. And in taking a short break from lace knitting washcloths, soap sacks, and picot bind offs, I’ve found a new favorite stitch pattern for dishcloths.

The blueish photo is from one of DDs dishcloths in progress for her house.I have no idea what it may be called, but it makes a firm yet flexible fabric, with little edge curling.

The stitch pattern is worked on an even number of stitches.

Row 1: k1, *yo, k2, pass yo over 2 knit stitches. Repeat from * to last stitch, k 1.
Row 3: k2, *yo, k2 pass yo over 2 knit stitches. Repeat from *, to last 2 stitches, k2.
Rows 2 & 4: purl across.

Easy peasy, and perfect TV or visiting knitting. The picot bind off, not so much. :wink:

Thanks everyone! I really enjoyed making it. I loved the way the colors worked into the pattern.
Charlotte, I’m gonna try that stitch pattern! Thanks for sharing. And the doily(?) is gorgeous!

Here is the lacy knit dishcloth I mentioned.

Thanks Janis! :heart: I hope my stepmom likes it.

Your lacy dishcloth [I]really[/I] came out nice! The color reminds me of lime sherbet - YUM!:thumbsup:

That is a very pretty doily!

A simple and elegant, dishcloth. Very nice, Janis.

Beautiful stitch patterns and dishcloths, Janis and Charlotte. Love the picot bind off which was worth every minute.

Just finished DDs dishcloth in that yo/psso stitch. The next one is OTN. :heart: Sorry for the weird camera angle, it [I]really[/I] is a 10x12 rectangle. Thought I’d share before I go finish dinner.:hug:

So nice Charlotte! What yarn did you use?

Beautiful!!! I :heart: :heart: :heart: the color!!

Thanks Claire! I used KnitPicks Dishie colors Azure & Swan.

I was trolling through some patterns on Ravelry when I came across this designers blog. The picture links on the left are her free patterns, her paid pattern collections are on the right. Very reasonably priced, though. Just had to share, though mine will likely be kitchen towel sized. My fingers can’t imagine using size 3 needles on worsted cotton.:wink:

Just remarked to DH that it looks as though our KAL has died - his comment ‘Sounds like a UFO Convention’.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Maybe it should be retitled Area 51.

LOL This thread is busier than the other two or three that I watch, so I wouldn’t say it was dying. You all have been so chatty that I haven’t bothered to check in.

Myself, I finally washed and dried the dishcloth/swatch from many pages ago – it’s in my knitting bag for me to check gauge, but I haven’t picked up any needles in over two months so I don’t have anything new to share either.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Your DH is too funny Claire! :teehee:

In the interests of reviving the dead ;), I found these Burp Cloths that can do double duty as kitchen towels at a “new” yarn company site, Willow Yarns.
http://www.willowyarns.com/Product/Ripples+Burp+Cloths.aspx

Who’d have thought the government conspiracy was hiding alien knitters??

Thanks for the link Charlotte!! It looks like an easy pattern that will show off variegated yarn nicely.

A bit of good news, my prayers have been answered :angelgrin: Our rooms are about 80% in order, painters have been gone for several weeks now. I am finally able to get into the spare room that houses my yarn. While going through my bins I found a 14 oz. cone of cotton worsted in Ivy League colorway :cheering: I had made a promise not to purchase any more cotton worsted until after we move but was so wishing I had more of this one, and now I do.

It will probably need to wait until after Christmas, some sort of linens will be waiting in the wings to be knitted, possibly table linens or even hand towels :think: