Dishcloth Knit/Crochet Along

I hadn’t thought of that. I used to keep a towel underneath my old dish drainer, but I don’t keep one under my new one. That does make sense!

I tried to use a yarn needle, but it was too hard to thread two strands of worsted cotton through it and I went back to my tiny crochet hook. For some reason, I can find 4 Size I hooks (or are they K? they are blue colored), but not my single smaller one (can’t think of the size, but it’s gold colored) that I prefer for weaving. I’m thinking of getting a new one, except I can’t remember it’s size. :teehee:

I know where my yarn needles are but where do stitch markers hide out? Maybe they’re in UFOs? I have to start more projects as I still have needle tips in the case and cables to attach them to. :teehee:

Here is my latest, Double Bump. chose the color because it is a bath cloth for my 11 yr old son. Lol.

Janis, that is so nice! Your son must know how much you love him. :heart: the patterns and the colors.

It occurs to me that this thread is becoming a problem for me :roflhard: I may have knitting envy :mrgreen: I see so many things I want to knit.

Thanks Claire! I’m having the same problem with this thread! Lol

Nice! :inlove:

Janis, Claire, I’m jonesing too. I see us getting into really hardcore stuff! :shock:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

“Well,” she says in a miffed tone. “I guess [I]yours[/I] are all in use.” :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I have the slipper soles done, now I have to think about what color(s) to use for the rest of them and how many strands of yarn to use. Three strands of worsted weight on size 8 needles is ouchy!

GG - You are crazy :eyes: 3 strands of worsted on a size 8 needle!!?? :oo: My wrists are hurting just thinking about it.

I’ve been working on a ‘Linen Stitch’ swatch, getting a feel for the stitch pattern. Size 8 needle, worsted weight. It definitely makes a very firm fabric, could probably go up one needle size. I can see how one could have a very nice rhythm going while knitting this stitch. Coasters would be nice, did a cable cast on for the swatch, long tail cast on maybe two sizes up would give it a firm edge.

Rethinking that scarf :think: I found a fabulous stitch pattern, Woven Stitchand I just finished a small swatch in it and I believe we have a winner :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

The directions on the site are just so darn lousy, here is my version:

It is a multiple of 4 stitches plus 1, and it is a 4 row repeat

Row 1 (RS): K1, p3, repeat from to, end with k1.

Rows 2 and 4: Purl.

Row 3: P2, k1, p3, repeat from to, end with k1, p2.

For me, it knits up loosely in size 8 needle, cotton worsted yarn. I’m going to reswatch it in a smaller needle so I can at least come close to the appropriate number of stitches for the length of the scarf.

This would make a great pattern for a washcloth, an open enough fabric that should dry quickly. And I think it would show off variegated yarn nicely. Will post a photo of the swatch when it is finished. :out:

Did you see this How to Knit the Half Linen Stitch? I’m thinking of it as a variation on a theme.

Yes, I’m crazy. The slipper soles are thick and cushy for my grandson’s feet. I won’t be using 3 strands for the rest of them. Mine are in WoolEase Thick and Quick and I think I used size 8 needles for them and I :heart: them.

I’ve done a small swatch of this stitch, it is different from the Woven Stitch I referred to in an earlier post. This is another stitch that might work well for a dishcloth, certainly for placemats.

Woven Stitch

Very nice Janis! And a happy 11 yr old son is a nice benefit too! :thumbsup:

That’s a pretty stitch, and the colors in your swatch are yummy!

I have a poor photo that I took with my phone on the front seat of my car. LOL It was an “in case I don’t take a better picture” photo and I haven’t taken another one yet. :slight_smile:

This is the basket rib stitch, I believe, using Bernat Handicrafter Candy Shoppe in Red Licorice. It is laying on a log cabin baby blanket that I knit finished a year ago (two or three year project) and my NOOK (9") tablet for size, which isn’t such a common object that it makes a good reference. However, I thought the teal looked nice against the red. :teehee:

I went to JoAnn’s and I bought a new yarn needle with a bigger eye – didn’t use it – and then found my crochet hook over the weekend – it is blue, size F. Still have dangling ends to weave in because I keep expecting to have an opportunity but don’t. (I should have brought it with me today because I should have the opportunity tonight, but forgot.)

While I was at JoAnn’s, I looked for more yarn because I would like one more skein each of Chocolate and White Chocolate and they still had the display – but it was completely empty! Those sold out quick – I guess I’m not the only one that likes Handicrafter. :knitting:

That’s a beautiful blanket for the background to a lovely cloth. Very nice. I like the Red Licorice color a lot!

That’s really pretty and I love the blanket!

Katie - These are both so beautiful! I love the color and the basket rib stitch pattern. And the blanket - it looks so snuggly.

Playful Plaid Cloth Pattern There are over 200 projects for this one, I haven’t downloaded the pattern yet, but it looks great!

I was looking around on Ravelry, and found lizard ridge cloth. I might give it a try.

I had to d/l the Lizard Ridge. I must give it a try. Thanks, Janis! I got the Playful Plaid all on one page! Thanks, Claire! They both look like they have lots of possible uses. Now if I will just put ink in my printer I can print them.