Your thoughts, please.... A Touch of Whimsy FO & pattern

I have written a scarf pattern and am currently knitting the sample in my yummy malabrigo yarn. I hope to finish today or tomorrow. Anyway, I blocked it a bit last night so I could get a look at it. What do you think, is it too busy? Do you like it? Would you wear it? Would you knit it? Should I go ahead and write it up?
Many thanks.

I think it is beautiful. The pattern is delicate and very pretty. You should definitely write this one up…a winner! :thumbsup:

Very lovely. I’m not a scarf knitter… so my feedback probably isn’t that useful.

A few things I might want to know if I were considering a scarf though…

How do the edges do roll wise? How wide is the scarf?

Mama Bear

That is beautiful! I say write it up. :slight_smile:

Thank you, Mary, you are so sweet!
Thanks, MB! I will put the edging info in the pattern, and the size (although, this is the prototype, one could make the scarf any length). This is the lovely part about this edging, it doesn’t roll! This is My Knitting Idol, Annie Modesitt’s slip st edging. I emailed her to see if it was okay to use it in my pattern and she said yes. It’s online as in a free pattern, but I felt it only right to ask her, too. Anyway, it’s perfect for scarf edging! I use it with all scarves now. Miss Annie comes up with very, very cool knitty things :cheering: :cheering:

Thanks so much, Jen :cheering: :cheering:

Neat on the edging! I wondered if you were using that here, but couldn’t quiet tell from the photo. I loved how the other scarf you showed with that edge looked and layed so I’m sure this one will be great also!

Mama Bear

I would definitely wear it!!! I’d knit it too if I knew how!! :rofl: :rofl: I think its lovely! :smiley:

Its gorgeous! I say go for it. Not busy at all! :cheering:

Thanks, ya’ll!!! I will write it up and put it on my blog in a day or two!!! :cheering: :cheering:

That is gorgeous! I would love to knit that up!

Glad we didn’t have to twist your arm too hard. I’ll be watching for the pattern. I think I might have just the yarn I would like to use. I bought it in Maine from a wonderful lady who spins her own yarn. Can’t wait----------hurry up, Becca! :hug:

I was wondering about that as well!! :smiley: thanks!! i think I might use that for my future scarves :smiley: :smiley:

:inlove: ooooh rebecca, that is stunning!!! :inlove:

BeeYoo-T-Ful! I really like it a lot~

Oh Becka, I love it, love it, love it!! How do you come up with this stuff??! You amaze me!

Let us know when the pattern is up, please! It looks like it may be the perfect design for a scarf I have been thinking of making. :happydance:

Beautiful! :cheering:

Hi Rebecca,

i give you my two thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

go ahead and write the pattern… cool bananas !!!

:muah: :muah: Thanks, guys!!! Ya’ll are just amazing :muah: :muah:
I have the pattern written, I just have to type it up. I used an ICord cast on so I just finished writing a tutorial for it on my blog because I couldn’t find a visual one online, if you get a chance, I would greatly appreciate any feedback…you know, does it make sense?! :roflhard:
I am now off to knit it!

Very pretty. :wink: I’d call it lace “branches” or something. :wink: