This entire paragraph has me flummoxed! What does increase 1 stitch each end of next row actually mean in English?
This is how I read it but something about it doesn’t feel right:
- work 4 rows in stocking stitch ( 31 stitches, the same as I casted on)
-start of the next row (not the end?) Increase 1 stitch ( 32 stitches)
- work 9 rows in stocking stitch (32 stitches)
-increase 1 stitch at start of next row (33 stitches)
- and following 10th row (34stitches)
-repeat the whole process from work 4 rows all over 1 more time…
- work 4 rows (34 stitches)
-increase 1 stitch start next row (35 stitches (
-work 9 more rows (35 stitches)
- next row increase 1more stitch at start (36 stitches)
- following 10th row increase one more stitch (37 stitches)
My stitch count seems correct but it’s seems too many rows to me, my 10th row is more like an 11th row and in total I will have knitted a total of 32 rows since I changed to my larger needles this doesn’t seem right.
I should note I have done away with the stripes for now so as not to complicate things.