What are you reading?

I just finished a few good ones!

Murder in Merino: a Seaside Knitters Mystery by Sally Goldenbaum

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I’m reading two at the moment. [I]Hollow City: the second novel of Miss Peregrines peculiar children[/I] by Ransom Riggs and [I]In the Buddha’s Words[/I] ed. Bikkhu Bodhi. On the fiber side, I did get a book of 150 knitted and crocheted motifs. Nifty shapes of all sorts!

Christopher Fowler’s “The Invisible Code”, one of the Peculiar Crimes Unit mysteries. The entire series is pure fun.

Thank you for reminding me. I read [I]Seventy-Seven Clocks[/I] and enjoyed it. I’m “at” the library right now to see which one I want next for my Kindle. “Going to” the library in my robe and PJs on Sunday morning is great!

ETA I just finished [I]Phantom Hitchhikers and Other Urban Legends[/I] by Albert Jack. It was good for a few :teehee:s.

I recently found out that one of my all time favourite authors, Brian Jacques, died…three years ago (how I missed that, I have no idea). In honour of him, I’m catching up on the final three Redwall books that I have not read yet. Currently reading “Doomwyte”.

I cannot fall asleep at night unless I read and I currently don’t have a knitting project OTN so once the boys are in bed and house in a bit of order I just go read and soak in the quiet.

I just finished Call the Midwife - forgot author and The Midwife of Hope River by Patricia Harman. Both excellent books.

I also “found” my grandmother’s copies of the James Harriot books on my book shelf and read them. I started them while in high school and didn’t care for them. This time I couldn’t put them down.

I just finished The Fault in Our Stars, and Looking for Alaska, both by John Green. I’m currently reading Inferno, by Dan Brown.

I’m gonna start Dan Brown…Inferno and Lost symbol and just finished last Dance:Patrick Swayze story. Very Sad but good!:cool:

I guess I’m the awkward one. I am currently reading National Geographic’s BEAR: Spirit of the Wild. I thoroughly enjoy books about nature and what we (humans) can do to help the environment.

I’ll have to check out some of these books!

I’m actually a voracious reader and read more than I knit, watch TV, etc. Here’s another I read that was very good!

Thr Pact by Sampson Davis, George Jenkins, and Rameck Hunt (this one is non fiction about 3 young men who lived in urban NJ and made a pact to become doctors)

Before DH, I was an avid reader, these days not so much :neutral:

I’ve recently been venturing back into beadweaving, viewing sites such as this, Beaded Flower Pieces for inspiration.

Not enough hours in the day, I do wish sleep was not a necessity.

I don’t carry one book around; I leave books in the places I’m most likely to be reading. :blush:

Currently Reading:

1. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (home, living room)
  2. Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon (audiobook) (car)
  3. Cruel Justice by M. A. Comley (phone, last resort)
  4. Einstein’s Refrigerator: And Other Stories from the Flip Side of History by Steve Silverman (home, bedroom)
  5. A Murder is Announced by Agatha Christie (lunch)

Goodreads 2014 Reading Challenge log

The book on my phone goes slowly because if I am actually reading a book on my phone, it means that I ran out of blog posts to read in my Feedly feed, I can’t play any of my games, and I don’t think I’m going to be reading long enough to call up on of my other books. :teehee:

I’ve been on a reading binge

If you haven’t read the Game of Thrones series, do it now!!

Some other good ones:

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein (for dog lovers, esp.)
For One More Day by Mitch Albom (for mother lovers)
Soy Sauce for Beginners by Kirsten Chen
[B]The Goldfinch[/B] by Donna Tartt
[B]The Guilty One[/B] by Lisa Ballantyne
Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
Defending Jacob by William Landay
When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde
11/22/63 by Stephen King (its been around a while)

Life Expectance by Dean Koontz–an old-time favorite, very unlike Dean Koontz

Oh! I read The Goldfinch and Soy Sauce for Beginners! Both were very good! I’ve heard about the show Game of Thrones and it doesn’t seem like something I’d normally go for. I’ll check out the books though.

I just finished Crazy Little Thing by Tracy Brogan and really enjoyed it. It’s laugh out loud humorous at times which is always a good thing. I think it’s classified as a romance, but it’s most definitely NOT the bodice ripper variety. It’s just fun. I’m reading another from the series now since I could borrow it free on Amazon Prime.

Dr Sleep is exceptional as was 11/22/63. I read the Hunger Games series recently and was extremely impressed with them. I’ll check out the Game of Thrones books. I also want to read the Divergent series.

I loved the Art of Racing in the Rain !! Read that several months ago. Even the hubs enjoyed that one.

One of our household budget cuts last year was to avoid Barnes and Noble unless we had gift cards. With 2 incomes and no children we were known to spend perhaps too much time and money there. Now with 1 income and 2 boys we are making weekly visits to the library. We also have a book swap at the library so I have found a few good ones there as well.

Many of the books I’ve read have come through as Amazon Daily Deals, often as low as $1.99. Found a few gems there that I may not have read otherwise.

I love being able to get books instantly. Not much instant gratification in my life apparently!:shifty:

Oh me, too! Many of my books are .99 or free! I always get a free Kindle First book every month, too. I borrow a book every month with Amazon Prime and I occasionally borrow eBooks from the library.

If anyone is on FB make sure to like the pages ereadernewstoday and pixelofink. They post free and very low cost books almost every day.

Liked 'em. Thanks!

When I hold an actual old fashioned printed on paper book in my hands, I know if it’s skinny or fat and can guess how long it will take to read it. I haven’t a clue how to figure that out with my Kindle.

ETA The problem with knowing how long a book is - that’s with library ebooks. I thought I should clarify.

I haven’t had a library book for awhile, but can’t you check how many pages it is on you Kindle? Whenever possible I always tell it to use page numbers, older books can’t do that nor can older kindles though.