What are you reading?

LOL I know how to charge its battery, get a book sent to it, turn pages, just basic stuff. :zombie: I’ll have to ask my daughter, she has the same Kindle. Thanks for letting me know the option might be there. I’ll look closer when I’m “at” the library, maybe I’ve missed where it tells how long a book is. :shrug:

I’m not sure which version of Kindle I use but in the lower righthand corner is a % read figure. It helps avoid surprise endings.

I have the one that has ads for the screensaver. I know the % thing is there. It definitely does help.

I have a Kindle Paperwhite which I think is the newest one, but it also has the percentage in the lower right. The book I’m reading right now doesn’t have page numbers either. I guess only newer books have them. I also have the ads version. It’s not worth it to pay more IMO since it’s just the screen saver.

Ah, the Paperwhite can have the ads too. Mine’s the basic one.

Paperwhite or the original Kindle with keyboard? I guess they also had another version in between those though…

The Paperwhite had a couple versions like the others. One with cell/wifi, one with wifi only and of course ads or no ads. I got the wifi only with ads. My old Kindle had the keyboard and both cell/wifi. I found I didn’t need the cell service since wifi is all over now and I usually have plenty of books on there in the queue. It was worth every cent I spent on it. I LOVE IT!

My Kindle
The only keyboard is onscreen.

Oh yeah, that’s the one my daughter has. It’s a nice one, too. I considered that, but then decided I wanted the lighted screen. I can turn the light off at night so DH can sleep.

A lighted screen seems like a great idea. I end up going to sleep with the light on and then the Kindle goes to sleep too. I got this one from my daughter for my birthday last year. I’ve not bought a book for it yet.

Empty Mansions the mysterious life of Huguette Clark .

Empty Mansions, about Huguette Clark.:thumbsup:

The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson

So far so good. It’s about the Chicago World’s Fair in 1893, non-fiction.

[I]“This is the incredible story of its realization, and of the two men whose fates it linked: one was an architect, the other a serial killer.”

The architect was Daniel H. Burnham, the driving force behind the White City, the massive, visionary landscape of white buildings set in a wonderland of canals and gardens. The killer was H. H. Holmes, a handsome doctor with striking blue eyes. He used the attraction of the great fair - and his own devilish charms - to lure scores of young women to their deaths. While Burnham overcame politics, infighting, personality clashes and Chicago’s infamous weather to transform the swamps of Jackson Park into the greatest show on Earth, Holmes built his own edifice just west of the fairground. He called it the World’s Fair Hotel. In reality it was a torture palace, a gas chamber, a crematorium.

These two disparate but driven men together with a remarkable supporting cast of colorful characters, including as Buffalo Bill, George Ferris, Thomas Edison and some of the 27 million others who converged on the dazzling spectacle of the White City, are brought to life in this mesmerizing, murderous tale of the legendary Fair that transformed America and set it on course for the twentieth century.[/I]

Do websites count???

What?

I am reading [I]Dash of Peril[/I] by Lori Foster. I haven’t gotten to far into it, but by the looks of the rather handsome man on the cover, looking rather seductively at you, I’d say its a trashy romance novel. Not as bad as a Harlequin Romance novel, mind you, but more or less junk food for the mind as far as books go. Which is fine by me as I love junk food in any form. :cool:

I don’t eat junk food. Must be why I don’t like those novels. :teehee:

I just finished reading Islands and Insulin: a Diabetic Sailor’s Memoir by Erin Spineto. It was very interesting!

I’m now reading Sihpromatum - I Grew My Boobs in China by Savannah Grace. This is also a memoir. It told from a 14 yr olds (the author) point of view. It’s about a family that took a year to backpack around the world.

[B][COLOR=“Purple”]Sound like good books! Please let us know what you think of [I]Sihpromatum[/I].[/COLOR][/B]

I’m reading the [I]Anne of Green Gables[/I] books…Very good!

[COLOR=“SeaGreen”]The Devil in the White City was [B]WONDERFUL[/B]!!!

I am now reading Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes.[/COLOR]

I’m reading The Fault in Our Stars based on your recommendation and am loving it!