Spanra Pullover

Hello I am new here my name is Dorothy.
I have a question about knitting repeats in colorwork. I am working on a sweater called the Spanra Pullover on Ravelry…
I am working in the round from the bottom up and I am working from a chart and the directions says to follow each chart row from right to left as a RS row, repeating it across the round. and there is a 6 stitch repeat with 7 rounds but I don’t know how to do that because this is my first ever colorwork sweater and I am new to following charts.

What would be the best way to do this? here is what mine looks like so far, I can’t see the zigzag pattern, I think I am a few stitches off.

This is what mine looks like, I think I did the entire thing wrong.

Here is the chart that I am having issues with.

Thanks for all your help.

2 Likes

Hi Dorothy and welcome. Looking at your stitches, it looks like you’ve got it correct on the 1st row (gold T) and get the idea but you’re inconsistent after that.
Sometimes it helps if you write it out. For example, assume MC, CC1, and CC2 are your green, gold, and white, respectively…

Row 1: *(k3 with MC, k1 with CC1, k2 with MC) repeat from * until you reach the end of round (eor) marker
Row 2: *(k2 with MC, k3 with CC1, k1 with MC) repeat from * until you reach the end of round (eor) marker.
Row 3: *(k1 with CC2, k2 with MC, k1 with CC2, k2 with MC) repeat from * until you reach the end of round (eor) marker.
Row 4: *(k2 with CC2, k3 with MC, k1 with CC2) repeat from * until you reach the end of round (eor) marker.
Row 5: *(k1 MC, k2 CC2, k1 MC, k2 CC2) repeat from * until you reach the end of round (eor) marker.
Row 6: *(k2 MC, k3 CC2, k1 MC) repeat from * until you reach the end of round (eor) marker.
Row 7: *(k3 MC, k1 CC2, k2 MC) repeat from * until you reach the end of round (eor) marker.

I don’t know how many stitches you have per round but you might want to put stitch markers ever 24 or 30 stitches as a sanity check. As you reach each if these markers, check back over the prev 24 or 30 (or however many) stitches to make sure you 6 stitch repeats are all correct.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help I have162 stitches on the needles.all of your tips totally made the directions click together. I will try again tomorrow

1 Like

Glad I could help. I’m sure you’ll do fine! :slightly_smiling_face: