Show Your WIP's Here!

I figured we needed to grow this group, so here’s a place to show off what’s on your hook!

I learned to crochet when I was in the 7th grade (a looooooong time ago!) but have always just made easy stuff.

I checked out Cozy Crochet from the library and I love it. Here’s a pic of the Cozy Kercief I’m currently working on. Peaches and Creme cotton.
Blessings,
Leslie

Here are a couple of my finished objects

And a WIP - a quilt-ghan

Neato Robyn! Love your stuff! Gosh, I’ve always been extremely frightened of pictures in knitting and crochet. I get anxiety just thinking about a chart!

I want to make a market bag, darn it! I bought a huge thing of cotton when Michael’s had their sale last week so, hopefully, it’ll be a bag one of these days.

Oooh, and that quilted looking piece is so nice.

Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,

Wow robynbird, those are really impressive! :shock: :inlove:

Thanks. The one with Michael on it was my first time making something with a chart and it’s a little sloppy. The quilt one is just little granny squares sewn together.

Leslie, your kerchief is really nice! I just got the SnB Happy Hooker and plan to make the fat bottom bag soon. :slight_smile:

Lion brand’s website has an easy crochet market bag that uses the regular cotton. (I’ll try to take a pic later) I made mine out of cotton ease and it was fun! Here’s a sample of my potholder/dishcloth insanity… (watermelon, and lemon)

and doll dress from Bella Bambina

I’ve done this pattern in 3 different yarns and lenghts for the doll- this one in blue, a slightly shorter one as a swing top in a baby blanket multi, and a bolero type length in pink/orange (fiesta bolero!)

I’m in a dishcloth mania with the crochet right now… I have a book from Leisure Arts Kitchen Crochet in Cotton, and one with The Big Book of Dishcloths- 99 designs to crochet.

Everything is lovely! I’ve wanted to learn to crochet, even bought a kit, then as I took the hook out and began to read directions I decided that I could be knitting, LOL! Although, I do have a great dvd with crochet sts on it, so, one day when I really decide I must do more than crochet a border I have a reference!

:inlove::inlove:the bags~ I just :heart: SnC b/c it’s such a good, basic, everyday, functional cotton that you can use for anything~!:cheering:

I just finished this - crocheted body with knit edging. It was fun, but the crochet stitches shrunk up so much that even though I did the 3X size I will need to really stretch it out when I finally block it.

Marykz and cftwo - those are really great!

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
Looks GREAT for summer… Hope it blocks well for you~!:cheering:

CFTWO- what a cute shrug/ cardi! is it a type of shell stitch?

ooooooh, pretty…:sun:

This was my last crochet project. stitch pattern was from old magazine. Bag shape was just made up.

That’s really pretty Ana!

Heres one i just did about a month ago…its 67" :ick: ,my DH claimed this one.

This is one im still working on that is an old pattern that has lots of mistakes so im having to rewrite as i go.

That blue afghan. :inlove:

Everyone has lovely crochet FO’s! Makes me want to pull out my hooks and start crocheting again. :teehee:

I don’t have any WIP’s, but here are some afghans I’ve made.

The 2 on the back of the chair are just big granny squares. One has a 2-round ruffle edging, and the other one has a 3 round lace scallop edging.

I like crocheting to a certain extent. I think it’s better for afghans than knitting, for one, because you can make nice afghan designs, and it’s faster. The downside is that it uses way more yarn than knitting, and it makes my wrists hurt to work for long periods of time.

Shay and Conti- those are great blankets!

Conti- my mom was having problems with her wrists too when crocheting- she eventually changed how she holds the hook and now points it downward rather than up. she says it has helped a lot. She’s making the most amazing Babette blanket- I hope to get a pic soon. (all in Koigu!)