Northeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

Also going out today is the first completed section of [B]Jack Frost[/B], a worsted weight blanket in grays, soft/off-whites to resemble [I]you-know-what![/I]

This Oddball Blanket is heading up to colbysmimi.

[B]Delivery Confirmation No.:[/B] 0308 2040 0000 9223 6937.

[B]Falling Leaves[/B] is going off to MotherHenKnits this morning. I suspect all the leaves have already fallen down in upstate New York, though we still have a few on the oak trees here in southern CT.

[B]Delivery Confirmation No.:[/B] 0308 2040 0000 9223 6913.

Tuxedocat, I’m just about finished with [B]Pretty Purples[/B]. Can I send it out to you today?

Thanks! :woot: :woot: :woot:

The worsted weight Blog has been updated.

I hope it reads OK…I’ve been getting caught up in the World Series tonight and I’m having a hard time staying focused on the computer!
:wink: :wink:

Hi! Just getting caught up with these threads. You may certainly send it along. Thanks! :slight_smile:

And thank you, tuxedocat. I will send it along tomorrow!

I’m finished with my portion or [B]Tranquility[B] I’ll try to post a picture…first time to post a pic here, hope it works

TRANQUILITY before I mail it. Bea

Oops, doesn’t seem to be working to post pic for me. Help?

Are you posting your pictures first out to a site like Flickr? If so, it will be easy to bring them in.

There is a page in our forum that shows how to post photos in our forum. I’ll look for it, and give you the link in a minute.

Here is the page that has directions on posting photos in our forum. Good luck!
http://forum.knittinghelp.com/t/new-how-to-post-a-photo?t=80610

Our newest worsted weight blanket has been started by Vertigo1414. She already completed her section on [B]Stars & Stripes[/B], an all-garter stitch blanket done in red, white, and blue. This blanket will be done in 5" sections.

The first three slots for [B]Stars & Stripes[/B] are filled but we need more volunteers. If you are interested in working on this all-knit Oddball blanket, please let me know.

Thanks, everyone! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Vertigo1414 (done)
beepr
gmmarton
open slot
open slot
open slot and border patrol

thanks gmmarton, i swear i was going to post this tonight…

I have mailed out [B]Stars & Stripes [/B]and [B]Iris. [/B] This is such fun! Can’t wait for the next one to arrive in my mail:cheering: :cheering:

Good Morning!

The DK weight blog has been updated. :woot: There is a new picture of [B]Liberty Belle[/B] over there, which I am with holding, to entice you all to read the blog :wink:

Also, here’s a picture of the WW blanket, [B]Mickey Mouse[/B]:

Have a great Sunday!

Check out the updated worsted weight Blog.

Volunteers are always welcome…

Finally have a minute to tell you all about the fabulous delivery of blankets to the Special Delivery Unit at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.

As many of you know, this is a unique unit in the Children’s Hospital where mothers delivering special needs infants (including those with congenital heart, brain, spine, chest and/or abdomen abnormalities) can be under the same roof as their children and cared for together - and Dads don’t have to divide their time between Mom at one hospital and their newborn at another hospital.

The reception that our blankets have gotten is phenomenal! Like so many other centers, the budget for the SDU has been hit particularly hard, and the lovely package of items that they had originally planned to give to these families has been eliminated. All they are able to give them now (thanks to a generous donor) is a picture frame.

But, thanks to all of your efforts, they get a blanket with their picture frame! Sadly, this is all that some parents will ever take home, so it is particularly meaningful. I wonder if we could expand a bit what we write on our cards (sort of a condensed version of what we used to write in the little notepads) as they’ve indicated that the parents were particularly appreciative of the little notes. What does everyone think?

Also, there are about 20 deliveries per month at the SDU. Of course, we can’t make that many blankets, and we certainly are not responsible for having a handmade item for each of their patients, but if anyone is interested in making hats, booties, thumbless mittens, etc. they would be [I]most[/I] appreciative, particularly for the holiday season. They mentioned that very small sizes are especially needed.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and thanks so much for all that you do for the special children at CHOP and Bridgeport Hospital. You should feel very proud! I know this group is one of the many things for which I am thankful.

Happy belated Turkey Day to everyone…

This is a follow-up to MotherHenKnit’s post from about our newest worsted weight baby blanket. With red, gold, silver, green, and blue used for this blanket, I think [B]Holiday Happiness[/B] might be a name to consider. Knitters are needed for this new blanket.

MotherHenKnits (done)
gmmarton (ready)
open slot
open slot
open slot
open slot
open slot (and border patrol)

I will be heading south at the latter part of December and will have lots of free time for knitting. :woohoo: With that said, I will launch a number of new worsted weight blankets including:

[B]Circus Circus II[/B] (bright “circus” colors like red, yellow, blue, black, green)
[B]Be Mine[/B] (red, white, pink)
[B]Jelly Bellies[/B] (variegated yarn that will travel with the blanket from person to person)
[B]Atlantic Waves[/B] (shades of blues, greens, off-white)
[B]Spearmint Candy[/B] (some shade of green that will travel with the blanket from person to person)

More information will be forthcoming here and on the Blog, so keep checking for updates.

Many thanks to all involved. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thank you for the prompt response to my request for volunteers to work on Holiday Happiness. Here is the update:

MotherHenKnits (done)
gmmarton (ready)
beepr
sugarmagknowya
farmwife’n’mama
open slot (and border patrol)

You folks rock! :cheering:

Y’all are AWESOME! :cheering:
Go Northeast! :woohoo:

I think it would be good to post a special request in the Charity section about this need. The title of the post could be “Preemie Babies Need Our Knitting!” Be sure to specify what kind of yarn is recommended for the projects, and provide a mailing address so people can print out all the instructions at once, knit up a few things, and get them in the mail.