Northeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

I just made another delivery to Bridgeport Hospital this morning. You can read more about it at the NE Completed Oddball Baby Blog.

Many thanks to all who helped make this happen!
:woot: :woot: :woot:

The following is a thank-you note that was posted in the forum mailbox. I thought you would enjoy it

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Papyrus][B] Hello!

I hope I have the right e-mail address… I am trying to personally thank the Northeast Regional Knitting Group!

They made a beautiful “Grape Jelly” Oddball blanket for my baby. It was presented to me at the Special Delivery Unit of Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.

I was so completely touched by their kindness and altruism. The blanket meant so much to me, particularly since my child has a serious heart defect. Knowing that people do care goes a long way in cushioning the blow in some difficult times.

Please pass along my genuine appreciation. The baby will hopefully use this blanket in good health!

Warmest Regards,
Denise Curcio
[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

Thank you for posting that for our members, Jeremy. Spikey made a huge donation of Oddball preemie baby blankets to CHOP recently, and I believe [B]Grape Jelly[/B] was in the batch. We know the little ones are so deserving of our attention, and we are so very happy to help.

Thanks for sharing that message, Jeremy! How wonderful for our hard working knitters and crocheters to see! :grphug:

Thanks, Sandy, that is a great idea!

Hi all… Just checking in to let you know I’ve sent “Lovely” on its way to Missyjoon. Here’s a pic for you!

Name and form…that blanket is truly [I]lovely[/I]

Thanks for the post and photo, SteveDallas.

Photos and information are available for our newest worsted weight baby blankets on the Blog
:muah:

I received this letter in today’s mail:

“Dear Ms. Marton,
Thank you and all the members of the NE Oddball Knitters for your most recent donation of two bags of colorful handmade blankets for our P.T. Barnum Pediatric Center. As you know, our Pediatric Nurses look forward to sharing these beautiful items with our youngest patients to brighten up the time they spend with us.

Please be sure to thank all of your talented fellow crafters for always thinking of our littlest patients. We sincerely appreciate the generosity and fun-filled spirit of all those involved with this ongoing endeavor.

Best wishes to all for a very happy and healthy holiday season!

Sincerely,
Susan M. Chudwick, CFRE
Director of Development
Bridgeport Hospital Foundation”

Beautiful work, thanks, SteveDallas!

Hi there Snowy Northeasters! :grphug:

TheDK weight blanket blog has been updated this morning.
:woohoo:

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, etc! :heart: :heart: :hug: :heart: :heart:

And a Happy Festivus!

:teehee:

I’ve had a number of inquiries about the status of some worsted weight blankets that have been out of circulation for some time now. Those blankets include:

[B]Surf and Sand[/B] - stuck with the fifth knitter
[B]Sunny Days[/B] - stuck with the third knitter
[B]Pretty Purples[/B] - stuck with the fourth knitter

Just a reminder: If you are unable to fulfill your commitment to knit (or crochet) on a blanket within two weeks, please let us know so that we can make adjustments.

Colbysmimi,

I have finished my section of [B]Ladybug[/B] and it is ready for you. Are you ready for this little gem? Black yarn will be traveling with the blanket, so you should be all set with your color.

Just let me know as soon as possible. I’m off next week, so I can pop it in the mail anytime.

Thanks so much!

Justbeth,

I received [B]Iris[/B] in the mail at school yesterday afternoon. Perfect timing, as I was able to share it with our Knitting Club (8 fifth grade girls) and some staff members. All were duly impressed.

I can’t wait to get started on it!

Earlier this week I referenced some blankets that are currently MIA. One of those blankets, [B]Pretty Purples[/B], seems to be stuck with the 4th knitter. My apologies to bobi1218 (who started the blanket), justbeth (the second knitter), and LaraBoBara and Sugarmagknowya who were going to finish up [B]Pretty Purples[/B].

With that said, I am starting a new worsted weight blanket called [B]Purplelicious[/B]. We’ll work in all shades of purple and knit 5" sections per person.

If you are interested in working on this new blanket, just post to the thread or send me a PM.

I will be casting on this weekend and mailing out my completed section early next week! (Can you tell I’m on vacation???). :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Many thanks!

Sugarmagknowya has kindly volunteered to be the second to knit on the newest worsted weight Oddball blanket, [B]Purplelicious[/B].

gmmarton - casting on
sugarmagknowya
open slot
open slot
open slot
open slot and border patrol

Our knitters so far include:

gmmarton - casting on
sugarmagknowya
Beepr
justbeth
open slot