Northeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

[B]It’s a Boy[/B], another completed worsted weight baby blanket, would make any little boy feel good! This blanket was created by:

gmmarton
sandycloset
knitterluvspurls
sugarmagknowya
knittinginhudson
stevedallas (who also did the border)

Thanks to all who helped make this blanket happen! :hug: :hug: :hug:

[B]Cupcakes[/B], a worsted weight baby blanket, looks absolutely delicious! Started in February 2009, this completed blanket was created by:

gmmarton
knitterluvspurls
sugarmagknowya
hamham
missyjoon
sandycloset (who also did the border)

Thanks so much for your work on this blanket! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Lastly, the eighth worsted weight blanket in the group was started in April 2009. Here is [B]Tropical Plantation[/B], a blanket created by:

gmmarton
missyjoon
hamham
knead2kni
colbysmimi
gmmarton (who also did the border)

We appreciate your support…thanks, everyone! :knitting: :knitting: :knitting:

Thanks for the 11 gorgeous photos! cloud9

All the blankets look great!

I’m glad you liked the border… I used this biscuit edging.

Thanks, Stevedallas. I am going to have to take a class in crochet, though, to expand my knowledge base. Or maybe look at some videos that members have posted on KH!

[B]Happy Anniversary, Northeast Oddball Knitting Group!!![/B]

One year ago today, our Northeast regional group officially started, although some of us had secretly been working on the first few blankets before our official start date.

I want to thank each and every one of you for making our project the overwhelming success that it has become! Your time, effort, and expense are greatly appreciated by our blanket recipients, as well as your fellow knitters and crocheters.

Special thanks to gmmarton, who stepped up and took over the worsted weight blankets when it became too much for me to organize both the WW & DK weight blankets. She has been such a terrific supporter of our project from the beginning and we would not be as successful as we are today without her.

Looking forward to a great second year working with all of you!

MGM,

The worsted weight baby blanket, [B]Lollipop[/B], is ready for you to work your magic (and border). Are you ready to receive it?

Many thanks!

Thank you, Spikey, for the kind words. Your organizing power has really kept us all “together” this past year.

It is rather amazing to me that we’ve reached our First Anniversary as the Northeast Regional Knitting Group. We are stronger than ever! I did a little checking when I woke up early today and wanted to share these facts about our last year of knitting.

[B]32:[/B] The number of completed preemie Oddball Baby Blankets delivered to CHOP, the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.

[B]14:[/B] Preemie Oddball Baby Blankets currently in circulation (or on the needles).

[B]32:[/B] The number of completed worsted weight Oddball Baby Blankets delivered to the Pediatrics Unit of Bridgeport Hospital, Bridgeport, CT.

[B]8:[/B] The number of recently completed worsted weight Oddball Baby Blankets ready for delivery the first week of August 2009.

[B]10:[/B] Worsted weight Oddball Baby Blankets currently in circulation (or on the needles).

[B]35:[/B] The number of participants who have volunteered to create our beautiful baby blankets.

Members of our Northeast Regional Group of Oddball Knitters have had some major, life-altering challenges this past year, including (un)employment, housing, health, caregiving an elder, and dealing with the stress of having a loved one in harm’s way (Iraq or Afghanistan). Through it all you have done your best to honor your commitment as an ‘Oddball’ knitter. That commitment is truly appreciated.

Good fortune to all of you, always…

Good morning,

Bobi1218 has kindly volunteered to begin a new worsted weight Oddball baby blanket called [B]Sunny Days[/B]. The colors will be yellow, white and blue. Bobi1218 is casting on and starting this week, so I’m recruiting for this blanket. If you are interested, please let me know.

bobi1218 - casting on and knitting
gmmarton
Open
Open
Open
Open
Border Patrol

Many thanks! :muah:

The revised list for Sunny Days, a new worsted weight baby blanket.

Bobi1218 has kindly volunteered to begin a new worsted weight Oddball baby blanket called Sunny Days. The colors will be yellow, white and blue. Bobi1218 is casting on and starting this week, so I’m recruiting for this blanket.

If you are interested, slots #3 and #4 are still open.

bobi1218 - casting on and knitting
gmmarton
missyjoon (Rav)
Open
skein123 (Rav)
sugarmagknowya (will also do the border)

Thanks for volunteering! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You all have done an AWESOME job with your region.
I’m impressed! :thumbsup:

And you, Shandeh, are the true organizing power of this project. Thank you for starting the Oddball Baby Blankets; thank you for the idea of going “local,” and thank you for your desire to finish what you start (RE: Oddball Lapghans).

You rock, girl!
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

:heart: :muah: :heart:

You can read about the latest baby blanketsright here…

Attention Northeast Knitters:

There are some open slots on our worsted weight and preemie Oddball baby blankets. Please check our Blog(s) and let us know if you are interested in volunteering to knit or crochet a border.

Many thanks!
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

[B]Lollipop[/B] has arrived safe and sound! Thanks so much for the lovely skein of yarn too! Oooooh I LOVE yarn! :inlove:

MGM

We are at 49 and counting up! That’s right, everyone - we’ve started 49 worsted weight baby blankets since we began in August 2008 and 38 have already been delivered to the Pediatrics Unit at Bridgeport Hospital, Bridgeport, CT. Another worsted weight blanket was washed and photographed yesterday - [B][I]A Whole New World[/I][/B] is now in the completed pile. Simply put, 39 out of 49 blankets are done!

So, I’d like to initiate blanket #50, [B][I]Fruity Pebbles.[/I][/B] Suggested colors are white, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink. This blanket will be 5" per knitter and worked on 109 stitches.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

If you are interested, please let me know!

I just updated the worsted weight Blog

MGM,

I mailed out [B]Tiny Dancer[/B], the Oddball preemie baby blanket, to you this morning via Priority Mail.

Delivery Confirmation #: 0307 1790 0005 4927 8567.

Thanks for your help!

:yay: