KFK is back from the dead

Just go to your profile (see the top of the page). Scroll down and you’ll see “Signature.” Easy as pie! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Hello Friends,
Jim and I went to see Prairie Home Companion the movie last night. It was great! Loved it! I want to buy it when it comes out in DVD so I can watch it again and get what didn’t sink in the first time. Lots going on in it. Loved Meryl Streep and Lily Tomlin.

It was a special showing for folks who contributed to our local Public Radio Station. I was surprised not to recognize anyone there - this is a pretty small town.

Today going to a talk on herbology at Water Mountain - the school where I take Qi Gong classes. I feel like a Hogwarts student :devil:

Have a great weekend everybody!

Now this should be the right StumbleUpon link!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
YAY FOR SIGNATURES!!!

Thanks for frogless wishes, but I guess I will settle for frogging after being only 3" into the work. The gauge for the tank top in banana silk is way off - I was afraid it might be, because I calculated it with a ruler instead of my handy dandy gauge measurer at the back of my knitting helper book. Shouldn’t make a difference but counting is always the problem!!

Anyway this gives me a chance to change the stitch from seed to plain stockinette. It was going really slow, partly because I had way too many stitiches (bad gauge) but also because this yarn does not need anything extra to make it super-textured. Its hard stuff to work with, it breaks, and it goes from ultra thick to ultra thin. So it will have plenty of texture in stockinette.

I might make a band around the bottom in seed just because it is so pretty. The yarn has a great shine to it so I really like that. Maybe I will give it a bit of shaping inward at the waist too :thinking:

Jim made me a new avatar from Simpsomaker - will see if I can put it up here. Here’s the link
http://www.flashportal.com/games/the_simpsomaker.html

Keep in mind that if you start with stockinette, you will have curling problems. A seed stitch edge might be just what you need. :thumbsup:

Yeah good point! OK, I got it frogged and I figured the right gauge for the seed stitch band, and I’m about to do a gauge for the stockinette. And, I also figured the number of inches I want to decrease at the waist, and the total length to armhole and neckline.

I’m going to read that chapter in Stitch & Bitch Nation on altering patterns before I jump in. I’m thinking about maybe messing with the shoulder to come out a bit, like a mini-cap sleeve. :study:

FUN Simpsomaker!! I just put mine in my blog…

This guy belong to anyone here?
Kelly?

I’ll be in my bunk! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Kinda reminds me of Hildie’s dh… :rofling:

How are you folks getting the image captured on the Simpsons thing? I can’t seem to get it to work. (I have IrfanView, but it’s not working with this particular image.)

Kinda reminds me of Hildie’s dh… :rofling:[/quote]

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: That was my first thought, too, but I didn’t dare say it. :rofling: :rofling:

:shifty:

I pushed the “Print Screen” button on my keyboard, then pasted him into MSPaint. :thumbsup:

Ah ha! :doh:

I pushed the “Print Screen” button on my keyboard, then pasted him into MSPaint. :thumbsup:[/quote]

I did the same thing, but pasted it into Paint Shop Pro. :wink:

Yay!!!

I could do a better job at home, but at least I got it to work! :thumbsup:

Woo-hoo! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: