It’s been an interesting few days. Our internet went down over the weekend so I wasn’t able to get online. One of my wife’s friends from school (she is studying to be a Surgical Tech) had computer problems so I went over to their house and fixed/cleaned their computer. The muffler fell off my car. And last but not least, my wife got sick.
But that is not what you come to this forum for… so onto the knitting.
I’ve started an actual project (a dishcloth). That’s right, I’m giving up on the earthworm blanket. :lol: For this project, I’ve switched back to the English style knitting. At the same time, I’ve switched over to a varigated cotton yarn. The way my wife figures it, considering what its going to be used for, it doesn’t have to look pretty. And cotton will handle the abuse. For me, this is a difficult to not want to rip it out and start it over when its not right… (borderline perfectionist tendencies here) but I am forcing myself to not do that.
I’m getting better about not going so tight, but my stitches are still very uneven. Here’s a nice side note, I havent dropped any yet, that I know of anyway. Once this project is done, I will be taking a picture of it and posting it on the forum. With everything that’s going on at home, I’m trying to get about 2-3 rows done every evening after I get the kids in bed. At that pace, it’s a good thing I’m not taking on doing an afghan. :lol:
And for those of you that may be thinking it’s impressive I’m using some term like Varigate Cotton Yarn… after just over a week of knitting, I have a funny short story to tell you.
Several days ago when I was in an audio IM with LisaD715, I was practicing knitting and she asked me what type of yarn I was using… to this day, I can only tell you what I told her… green. I have no clue. I had to ask my wife what the heck the yarn is that I’m using for this dishcloth.
Until next post…