The pattern is from a back issue of [I]Knit Simple[/I], (Winter 2006/07, page 33). It is going to be a raglan cardigan. Yesterday I seamed it together, picked up the live stitches and started on the 2x2 ribbed collar that will fold downward. After the collar is worked to 7" I will BO and then pick up stitches along the front vertical edges and work the buttonbands.
I have enjoyed working with this yarn. It feels better after having been washed in woollite and blocked. I received a great compliment from my husband too. While I was pinning it out to block he came into the room to see what I was doing. He ran his hand over the fabric and said, “Wow, that looks just like the ones you buy.” I just hope the finished garment will look the same too.
I have spent a lot of time on this baby.
So far I have used under two skeins of this yarn. It is so economical.
The sheet that I block items on has 1/4" wide stripes and they are a big help in getting the sections lined up accurately. I would love to find a sheet with a 1" grid check pattern. That would be a big help.
I knitted the 1st and last stitches on all rows regardless of pattern. If you look closely at the 2nd picture, you will see that I have a thin sock yarn running along the outer edges through the edge stitches. Using a blunt needle, I placed them there before I washed the fabric. This thread was a big help in lining up the pieces and pulling them into shape.
I think I may have blocked the ribbing to much. Hopefully the next washing will relax it a bit. I’m still learning.
I’ll post and after picture when it is finished.