FINALLY FINISHED! Spring Saguaro T-Shirt

I’ve decided to pull out one of my unfinished projects from last year. The “Saguaro” t-shirt from Knitter’s magazine, Spring 2005. Maybe I’ll actually finish it before summer is over this year!

Saguaro? How is that like a Saguaro? :?? Must be the colors on the model, but…

Anyhoo…it’s a pretty sweater and I like the colors you’ve chosen!

:lol: I don’t even know what a Saguaro is…lol.

I tell you, the names they come up with for these patterns is so funny. I always laugh at the ones on www.knitty.com It’s almost like a contest to see who can come up with the most eye-catching name instead of the best pattern!

Oh. :roflhard: It’s a cactus only found in the desert of southwest Arizona. They are often the ones you see in old westerns because they’re so distinctive. In case you are wondering it’s pronounced “Suh-wah-roe”, accent on the wah.

And yes, they do come up with some doozies for names! :roflhard:

Love those colors!

Thanks! I like the lighter colors as well. The pattern design lends itself to bright, springy colors, I think. Also, the yellow, white, blue and green will go with almost everything I have in my wardrobe.

I’m using Aunt Lydia’s “Denim” Quick Crochet Thread. It makes such a soft fabric, and feels wonderful while you’re knitting with it.

Pretty. I love the colors :slight_smile:

Nice springy colors!! I really like that pattern!! :smiley:

What does a t-shirt have to do with cactus :?? Whatever, I like the colors you picked better than the ones the magazines picked. Can’t wait to see it done. :XX: :XX: :XX:

Your colors are definitely prettier and un-cactus-like!

Pretty colors!

That’s what I said! :roflhard: Only thing I can think of is the color. Someone had a good imagination. :roflhard:

Either good imagination or desperation. I’ll bet it was getting close to print time, and the magazine editor said, “OK, we MUST have a title for that t-shirt TODAY!”

that is coming along nicely!!

can’t wait to see it finished. :smiley:

I love the colors!!!

Can’t wait to see it FO! :thumbsup:

I finished the back last year, and now I’m working on the front. I just hope it fits right and looks good! The colors are perfect for spring and summer. Thanks for all the encouragement, you guys!

Well, tonight I finished the front of my spring t-shirt! (I finished the back last year, then set it aside because the weather was getting cold.) The stripes don’t exactly match up, but that’s okay. I like it anyway, because I made it all by myself.

Now, I have to make the sleeves, and then the seaming will begin. I’ve never seamed a sweater before, so I’m sure I’m in for a rude awakening.

Any seaming advice would be nice now. The shirt is knit with 100% cotton yarn (Aunt Lydia’s Denim Crochet Thread). It’s waist-length, with short sleeves. I’m a big girl, so it’s a size 1X.

Lovin’ the colors!! Can’t wait to see the finished product :smiley:

Cant wait to see it finished!!!

Here’s a photo of the back and front of my t-shirt. I’ve started making the sleeves tonight. One of the hardest parts will be weaving in all those loose ends from the color changes!