Yo, p2?

Hi,
I am trying a lace pattern and it calls for yo, p2. I just finished a feather and fan scarf and I am beginning to really like lace. :slight_smile:
But this new pattern is not anymore difficult, but how do you do that stitch? I have done lots of yo, k3 etc. But never a purl stitch after the yo.
HELP! :smiley:

It’s hard to say without seeing all the instructions for the row. I’m going to assume that the st right before is a p st? Or is this at the start of a row?

If the st right before is a p st, then put the yarn to the back as though to knit, then bring it back over the needle to form the yo before your p2. If the previous st is a k st, then I’ll guess you just bring the yarn forward over the needle, although someone else would have to confirm that.

This is the pattern that I am doing…
http://brookenelson.com/leafscarfpattern.html
There is a video showing how to do the rows, but she’s doing in the “continental” way. I knit the “english” way and it’s hard to follow what she is doing.
Here is the first row:
[B]Row 1 (RS):[/B] slip 1, k2, SKP, yo, k2, p2, K7, k2tog, yo, k1, [B][I][U]yo, p1[/U][/I][/B], yo, k1, yo, SKP, k7, p2, SKP, yo, k4, slip 1
Thanks for your help!

for the k1, YO, p1, YO:

after the k1, pretend you are doeing another knit stitch but never insert the needle into the stitch. That gives you your yarnover. The yarn will be wrapped around the needle and in the back. Bring it forward between the needles and purl the next stitch as normal. Your yarn is now forward, in the purl position, you can:

a) just take the yarn to the back over the right needle (yo created)

or:

b) return yarn to the back between the needles, then “fake” knit a stitch as mentioned for the first YO. Which is essentially what you do in method a, but without all the waste motions.

Thanks All…
I am going to try this out as soon as I get home. It’s sort of hard to imagine this unless you have a pair of needles and yarn in your hand!