Yo and yfwd

Hi can someone explain please - I understand yarn over but don’t know what the difference between that and the instruction yfwd (yarn forward?) is. Is there one?
Thank you!

YO is an American knitting term, yfwd is a british knitting term for a YO between 2 knit sts. They also use yon, yrn and another to indicated YOs between 2 purls, from a purl to a knit, and from a knit to a purl. We just use YO for all of them.

just be careful as yarn forward is usually, but not always for the purposes of a YO such as when doing slip stitches

If it’s a slip st pattern, then yfwd is not the same as a YO.

thanks suzeeq, that’s kinda what I was trying to say but at 1am what I actually wrote only made sense to me