Yfwd?

Okay…please, please Please, tell what I’m supposed to do with that? Or more to the point…how? I don’t see a video for. :?? :oops:

Yfwd is yarn forward. Just move the yarn to the front of the work as if you were going to purl. Then do the next stitch with the yarn in that position. If your next stitch is a knit, you’ll end up with an increase and an eyelet, like a yo.

Thank you for replying Ingrid but I still don’t quite understand. This is what the patt. has.

[color=blue]3rd row: K1 * k2tog, yfwd, rep from * to last 2 sts, k2[/color]

Now, am I supposed to knit the 2tog with the yfwd or is it k2tog, then do an entirely different stitch with yfwd. I am a wee bit confused and probably in over my head and I’m only on row 3 :roflhard: . This is for my first ever cardigan.

Thanks for any help.

k2tog, then move the yarn forward to the front, knit the next two stitches together and move the yarn forward again.

Do these two things until you get to the last 2 stitches.

When you k2tog, you lose a stitch. When you move the yarn forward and k the next 2 stitches together, you’ll gain a stitch because the yarn will go over the needle (yarn over) and will make a stitch and an eyelet.

This was puzzling me too! I gave it a few tries, and I think I’m doing it correctly now. I move the yarn forward, as if to purl, then hold it down and out of the way while I put the needle into the next 2 stitches (for the knit 2 together), then bring the yarn back over the right hand needle (I’m knitting right handed), and loop it around to finish the knit 2 together. This keeps me from decreasing, and adds the little eyelet loop that the pattern calls for (I’m attempting the Luna Flickering Flames Circular Skirt pattern).

I don’t know for sure that this is right, but it seems to be doing what the pattern calls for.

:wink:

That’s exactly right!

Hurray!!! I had to abandon Continental style and go back to English since my left hand could not get the yarn into the right places (and I’m a lefty in most situations - except for knitting, crocheting and using scissors).

Once I started throwing the yarn with my right hand, it was easy to follow your instructions.

Thanks!!!

Thanks Ingrid! I got it now with your help :cheering: …what I’d do without this place :happydance:

Hi,

Are Yo and Yfwrd the same??

They are the same between knit stitches.