Yarn weights

So after working with worsted weight yarn on my last project, I recently switched to a chunky weight yarn with larger needles. I realized how much more I loved the thicker yarn, so I became curious…what about the rest of you?

I am liking the worsted yarn as I am just learning and find I do not add stitches as much as I do with chunky or bulky. Trying to get projects finished faster I guess… :happydance:

I usually use worsted weight on larger needles. I’ve used some chunky, but I don’t think I’d want a sweater out of it.

sue

Fingering for socks, worsted for sweaters, and bulky for scarves. :shrug: I couldn’t pick one to vote!

No i can’t pick one either, as i love them all. in their own right…

well, it’s hard to pick out one, because I love all yarns, but when I think about it…

I’m not a really fast knitter, not only because I’m slow, because that’s getting a lot better, but mostly because I don’t have much time to knit. I usually make sweaters and that takes really long. That’s why I voted bulky, because with that yarn, I can still finish a sweater quick (although I’ve only made 1 sweater with bulky, but I really love that one)

of course I don’t use bulky for socks. For socks I prefer fingering weight.

I love them all, but I’ll pick Lace weight yarn as my favorite because I absolutely LOVE knitting lace.

I can’t pick one, either, though I will say that I don’t really enjoy knitting with larger needles–anything larger than about 10 annoys me. :shrug:

I was just thinking the same LOL

I picked worsted because it’s the one I use the most, but like others have said I really can’t pick a favorite. Yarns, like people, are all beautiful in their own way.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

I’m the opposite - anything under 10 drives me bonkers!

sue

I’m the opposite - anything under 10 drives me bonkers!

sue[/quote]

I’m with Sue on this
except then I M making my Goddesses (DPN sized 6-8)
I am working through all the cheepo acrylic I got when I started knitting
so I M using 6-10s for knitting the chemo caps
when they are done I will send the needles to the After school Program for the kids
They have asked me to teach the kids to knit some time

ecb

I’m with Ingrid. I tried using size 11+ on something and it kind of hurt my hands. :shrug:

You-you want me to PICK?

:thud:

Since I appreciate yarn that knits up quickly, I selected chunky, but I’ve got lots of variety in my stash from fingering to bulky. It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I like the feel of big squooshy yarn on substantial needles, while other times I enjoy the precision of skinny yarn on teeny needles. :shrug: I guess you can say I’m an equal opportunity knitter, at least when it comes to gauge. I’ve never gone above US 17 or below US 0, though.

Fingering or lace, which wasn’t on the list :slight_smile:

Oops! I can’t believe I forgot lace. I saw a few other people put that too. I must have forgotten it for two reasons:

1. It was late last night when I posted the poll.

and

1. I’m going to be honest here…lace intimidates me JUST a little bit! :teehee: I’m still a rather newbie knitter.

It’s been interesting seeing everyone’s various preferences. :smiley: