Yarn over question

So, I’m knitting away, doing this sweater for my sis. It is an eyelet tee. I’ve noticed that I am having a problem with my yarn overs, and I can’t figure out what I am doing wrong. It’s kind of hard to see in the picture, but the ones to the left have a strand of yarn in the middle of the hole. The thing that gets me is that it is not happening on all of them, just a few. I tried going super slow and paying attention to the yarn over and the 2 rows after, to make sure I was sticking the needle in the right spot and all, but I can’t figure it out. Any ideas??

:?? :??

Sorry, Margie. No idea why. Ingrid, Kelly, Silver??

Mary

I don’t know if this is the case here, but I have noticed that when I do yo’s, I THINK when I do a k1 yo, it pulls the back of the k stitch up over the needle a little bit. When I purl back on the other side, I have to be careful to make sure that I’m knitting into the yo and the back of the k stitch rather than into the two legs of the k st that was pulled over. When I get to that point on the back of the knitting, I have to consciously kind of roll the pulled over stitch back into place in order to knit the proper stitches.

If this makes no sense at all, let me know and I’ll try to post a pic. It happens alot on a shawl I’m making.

Thanks, Ingrid- I’m not sure if I understand right now- I’ll have to wait until after the kids are in bed and I can knit the stitches while looking at your description…I’ll let you know if it doesn’t work! Thanks!

And if I come to the problem, I’ll be sure to take a picture of it.

I’m getting ready to start something that has a YO in it. I’m surprised theres no video on it. oh amyyyyyyy??? lol :smiley: :shock: Can i request a YO video in the beginners section???

Scroll down on the increase video page–yo!

acK! So Sorry! :oops: :oops: I didn’t think to look in the increase section. What can I say? Still a newbie over here too.lol :blush: :blush:

:roflhard: lol do not feel bad I couldn’t find the video either. lol