Yarn Forward?

My pattern for a baby hat call for a yfwd, which I found means “yarn forward” is this the same as a yarn over. I can’t figure a way to put the yarn in front and then knit the next stich without getting a yarn over.


Mary Pat

Yarn forward is another way of doing a yarn over. If you’re having problems, here is a link to instructions on how to execute. It’s not a video but the pictures are pretty good. http://www.keyboardbiologist.net/Techniques/YarnForwardKnit.htm

Hope that helps!