Yarn for baby blanket

Would like suggestions for bulky yarn to knit a baby blanket for new great granddaughter. Would like the yarn to be warm but very soft. I’m not familiar with many yarns. Thanks for the help

What type of fiber do you prefer to use? Do you have a pattern? If so what is the suggest yarn in the pattern? There are thousands of yarns so info would be helpful.

I’m in love with 50-50 blends of cotton/acrylic. Baby Bee Hushabye (solids or multi colors) brand from Hobby Lobby, made in Turkey, is my fav but there are plenty others out there, available in the cloud plus a delight to work with being soft plus sturdy.

I’d start with a cloud search to see what’s out there but below is where I start my search unless I’m in the store:

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Yarn-Needle-Art/Yarn/Baby-Bee-Hushabye-Yarn/p/YN20300

I also use this yarn for dishcloths. Use your remaining yarn to make tiny baby washcloths using granny’s 'ole dishcloth pattern. Vary the size of her cloth for other purposes, too such as coasters.

Good luck and have fun.

thank you, will check this out

Looks nice – thanks. I usually prefer a lighter weight yarn, but to find this blend at such a reasonable price on sale makes it look tempting.

** Check for online coupons, too, Just…Hobby Lobby usually has a 40% off one regularly priced item…making a $5.00 item $3.00. Online or in-store. The weight of this blend is great for carriage covers, crib blankies, baby wash cloths…anything, really! LOL!! Happy knitting/crocheting! Donna**

What craft stores do u have near you?? You can always visit them to get some ideas of soft yarns.

Knitcindy

Yes, great idea – thanks!