Yarn 12-Step Program?

HOW HOW HOW do I stop buying yarn? I have no room for it. I literally went to the LYS the other day to buy ONE skein of something I needed. What did I buy? 8 skeins of something I talked myself into needing. I still have a lot of acrylic yarn left from when I first started. Everytime I reorganize and get it all worked out, I just end up adding more!!! AAACCCKKK!

And what is your question? Is there something wrong with this? If you want help in learning how to ‘Just say No,’ I’m afraid you’ve come to the wrong place! :rofling:

I’ve often said that if there were ever Yarn Anonymous meetings, we’d all end up bringing our latest project to do as we sat there. Kind of like bringing your favorite wine to an AA meeting.

We are enablers, here!! Run! As fast as your can! Or else accept defeat and surrender like the rest of us. :wink:

There are SEVERAL ways to stop buying yarn including, but not limited to:

Kicking the bucket…
Buying the farm…
Pushing up some daisies…
Walking through the valley of the shadow of death and fearing no evil…
Cashing in your chips…
Knocking off…
Biting the dust…
Meeting your maker…
Croaking…

Let us know if none of those work. :roflhard:

:shock: KELLY! :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

Heh…I just started, but all the yarn is calling my name! :shock: I told my husband I feel like a Yarn Ho! He thought that was hilarious! We’ll see how he feels in a few months! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK… :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Well, those would be the only ways I’D stop buying yarn!! :shifty:

Join the club, Jan! Proudly worn on my knitting bag:

My family and friends TORTURE ME! Last trip to the LYS’s on mom’s coast, I had to hide all the yarn in my trunk so no one would know.

I always say I could be spending my money on WAY worse things.

I feel so at home here…I can’t exactly put my finger on it…hmmmm :thinking:

Could it be that I enjoy ripping open a box of yarn just as much as ripping off my husbands shirt…if not more? :doh:
:roflhard: :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Thats a great you might be joke,
If you love enjoy ripping open a box of yarn more than your husbands shirt, you might be a yarn ho! :thumbsup:

:roflhard:

KK, you found the cure! I plan on being buried with all my yarn, NO ONE, I repeat[size=7] [color=red]NO ONE[/color][/size] will get it when i’m gone! DH can remarry the first woman he meets at my wake, but heck be darned if she gets her nasty mits on my Precious!

Oh, I’m getting the feeling from the other posts it was probably wrong to bring a cheesecake to my Weight Watchers group back several years ago? Hmmm, no wonder my membership got cancelled! :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

OMG, it’s so good to be among kindred spirits!
I sometimes worry that I won’t live long enough to use up my whole stash, and of course this is true because how will I ever run out when I keep buying yarn?
I went on a chenille-buying spree a couple years ago and bought about 65 pounds on cones. No, I’m not kidding. I made ten trillion crocheted afghans from it, and yet it seems to all still be here. I think it multiplies in my dark walk-in closet at night.
I might decide to put it into balls or hanks of manageable size and sell it. However, knitters might not want it because it does tend to be wormy in knitting projects. Chenille is so gorgeous; it’s not fair that it’s so hard to knit with. :doh:

YARN HO?? ROFL, that is too funny!
:roflhard:

Yvonne–there’s a term for what you said–SABLE

Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy

I’m going to live to be at least 200 at this rate!!

I keep saying we all should buy some of THESE!!!

I wish my stash self reproduced when I was sleeping. I would like it to create lots of wool and merino and cashmere and silk etc etc etc.

Robin

I just ordered the Yarn Ho button. Maybe next payday I will get the women’s hoodie. :happydance:

How fun! I’ve been putting it off, but I really want to order that cami with “yarn ho” on it.

kemp, thanks (I think!) for posting those cool yarn ho stuff…gosh I need one “SANTA!!!”

I just HAD to get some yarn from handpaintedyarns!

trembles expectantly :happydance:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: You’re welcome! I think if Ihad to choose between the two though, I’d go with the handpainted yarn.