Yankee Knitter designs Mock Cable pullover sweater 6-12 mos size

I am an advanced beginner and am making the mock cable pullover. Was knitting fine until i finished the first sleeve… and realized the armhole was too big so that when i would sew the two sides of the sleeve together the back of the sweater got all bunched up. The pattern calls for the armholes to be 5.5inches and the exact number of cables on both front and back which I did. .Any idea what i may have done wrong?

Maybe this pattern? Very cute.
Check that the measurements for armholes are close to the given measurement. As I understand it from the Ravelry projects, the sleeve sts are picked up around the armhole. Make sure you pick up evenly so the sts aren’t bunched in one place. I use markers to divide the opening into fourths, then pick up sts in each section.
If the armholes aren’t quite as large as they should be, pick up fewer sts. You can always increase a few sts on the second sleeve row.

salmonmac

Mod Squad

June 24

[Ravelry](https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/23-mock-cable--basketweave-sweaters)

#23 Mock Cable & Basketweave Sweaters pattern by Melinda Goodfellow

I like to design classic sweaters with easy to follow instructions. This pattern includes the instructions for BOTH the Mock Cable and Basketweave sweaters in BOTH the pullover and cardigan.

Maybe this pattern? Very cute.

Check that the measurements for armholes are close to the given measurement. As I understand it from the Ravelry projects, the sleeve sts are picked up around the armhole. Make sure you pick up evenly so the sts aren’t bunched in one place. I use markers to divide the opening into fourths, then pick up sts in each section.

If the armholes aren’t quite as large as they should be, pick up fewer sts. You can always increase a few sts on the second sleeve row.