Wyf?

I am new to knitting and trying to make a dishcloth. I’ve gotten to row 7 and now lost.

Row 7: K7, WYF (with yarn in front) slip 1, (k5, WYF slip 1) across to last 7 sts, K7.

Knit 7
How do I do the next step?

WYF- I bring the yarn from the back to the front of work and then slip? I am confused.:shrug:

Yes, you bring your yarn to the front and slip. It’s their way to make sure you slip purlwise.

So: k7, bring your yarn to the front and slip the stitch then put yarn back in back (without doing a YO), etc…across the row

Where you place the yarn has no bearing on slipping knitwise or purlwise, you can also slip a stitch purlwise with the yarn in back.

But in this pattern the yarn across the slipped stitch will form part of the stitch pattern.

Thanks girls…I’ve been bringing it to the front and slip stitch then moving it to the back. Been on this step at least 4-5 times. I’ve ripped out and started over. Now, I know that I was understanding things correctily. I’ve only been knitting for a week. Got tired of knit then purl etc…Decided to try a pattern casue I thought I knew what I was doing… LOL :muah:

Okay if it says:
WYF it is going to be a purl slip stitch
WYB it is going to be a knit slip stitch

Going to go back and try some more…:knitting:

Okay if it says:
WYF it is going to be a purl slip stitch
WYB it is going to be a knit slip stitch

No. Sometimes the pattern will say to slip a st purlwise with the yarn in back. The position of the yarn does not determine [B]how[/B] you slip the stitch, only [B]where[/B] you put the yarn for design effect.

Basically, on slipping stitches - at the beginning of a row and in the middle always slip the stitches as if to purl unless it’s a decrease like slip 1, k1, psso or slip slip knit. Unless the pattern says differently.

Thisis a pattern that has bringing the yarn forward as part of the design. If you look you can see kinda a bar going across, that’s from bringing that yarn forward.

Just thought that a little visual might help.

Great that you are branching out from just knit and purl! :thumbsup: