Wrap and Turn

I have 28 stitches. It wants me to knit 18 stitches and then wrap and turn. Do I wrap and turn more than once then?

You wrap the next stitch (19) then turn your work and work back in the opposite direction. This is a short row. That means you do not work all the stitches in that row.

Oh, ok. So I’ll purl these guys back on the other side.

Or not…because now I am on my knitted side, but I have to purl. What did I do wrong? Do I not purl the rest of the stitches after I wrap and turn?

KNIT 18 W&T. After you wrap and TURN you are finished with that row. It is a short row. Meaning you do not work all the stitches in that row.
You have TURNED your work and now you purl back. Wish you had shared the pattern as then I could give your more help on what to do next.

I have found a few different ways to wrap and turn. Some people are turning and then wraping.
My question is: Row 9 is Knit 18, wrap and turn, and then I purl back up…well now Row 10 I have to purl…but I just purled when I purled those sts back up and now my yarn is on the wrong side to purl.

I don’t have a link to the pattern…but this is what the pattern says:

Neck and Head:
Row 1: With US 2 needles and 2 ends of sm and 1 of pe and RS facing, k8 from spare needles of Right Side of Body, then k8 from spare needle of Left Side of Body (16 sts).

Row 2: P2tog, p12, p2tog. (14 sts)

Row 3: Knit

Row 4: Purl

Row 5: K2, inc, k2, [inc] twice, k6, [inc] twice, k2, inc, k2. (26 sts)

Row 6: Purl

Row 7: K2, inc, k2, [inc] twice, k6, [inc] twice, k2, inc, k2. (26 sts)

Row 8: Purl

Row 9: K18, wrap and turn

Row 10: P10, w&t

Row 11: K10, w&t

Row 12: P10, w&t

Row 13: K10, w&t

Row 14: P10, w&t

Row 15: K across all sts. (26 sts)

Row 16: Purl

Row 17: K19, turn

Next row: P12, turn
Work top of head on center 12 sts.

Next row: K2tog, k8, k2tog. (10sts)

Next row: Purl

Next row: K2tog, k6, k2tog

…and there’s more

Row 9: K18, wrap and turn

Row 10: P10, w&t

Row 11: K10, w&t
After you K 18 w&turn you purl back 10 of those 18 stitches you just knit. Then you Again w&t. Now you knit 10 w&t.
To turn you turn your work over so you can work back in the opposite direction. The wrap is the end of that row even though there are more stitches left on the needle.

Once you turn, you’re on the next row. So knit the 18sts of row 9, w&t and then go on to row 10. On row 10 the directions are to purl 10, w&t. Once you w&t, you’re on row 11 (k10, w&t). Each row is written out for you.

There are several other ways to w&t which may be easier or may just appeal to you more than the classic w&t but in all cases, each row is given for you. There’s no automatic finish off the next row to the end unless the pattern tells you to.

What is the name of your pattern?

I think I get it. The pattern is called Tabby Kitten Sitting.

ahhh, the kitten.

I haven’t made too many of the cats yet, I’ve mostly concentrated on dogs.

we’ll need pics, of course. :slight_smile:

Cute! I might consider getting that book.