Which wool yarn is best for slippers?

Hi everyone!

I’m new to this board, and I’ve just recently started knitting. For Christmas this year, ( I know, I’m WAY ahead of the holiday season) I’d like to make felt clog slippers. The pattern I have calls for worsted weight wool that felts easily. The clogs shown on the pattern were made with 10 ply Woolpak from Baabajoes Wool Co. Is the “ply” important, and which yarn brand would you recommend? I want something that will last a long time, and that won’t pill. I looked on JoAnns.com yesterday, and I read many of the reviews on Lion Brand and Paton’s Classic Merino wool yarn; but it seemd like the Paton yarn pilled and wasn’t really sturdy??? and Lion Brand wasn’t too favorably looked on. Could you please give me your advice? TIA :smiley:

Welcome to the forum!

I’ve never heard of 10 ply, but it might be important. Can you link to the pattern, it might help us help you.

Well, all I have is a pattern. There is no link to help you guys, but maybe I can figure out how to post the first page of the pattern? I can give you a picture though.

http://www.fibertrends.com/viewer/V5_accessories.html If you go to that, and find the felt clogs AC33X, that is what I want to make. Thank you for replying!! :hug:

There are about a billion posts and two threads in the Knit-Along section on the Fiber Trend clogs. They’re our favorite!!

I’ve knit pairs in Patons Classic Merino wool (can be bought from a local craft store) and Wool of the Andes which you can only get online.

I think those are the most affordable options out there…

The pilling isn’t going to be MUCH of a problem because you felt them. they might still pill a little bit, but nothing compared to what they would do it they weren’t felted