Whatcha' Knitting? May, 2020

Things that we knit or crochet often carry the memory of where we were when working on them: the beach, the backyard, in front of a cozy fire. This year, it’s probably going to be at home, during the quarantine.
Whatever project you’ve been working away at or planning, we’d love to see it. Stay safe and be well.
rsz_boys-knitting-together1

I hope we’re all back knitting or crocheting with our friends soon.

5 Likes

I’m stash-busting with Marianne Isager’s “Monk” pullover hoodie. Using Knitpicks Palette (grey) and Holst Garn Coast Uld Bomuld, and small amounts of a cashmere blend -lost the label. I would call it my Covid Cardigan but it’s not a cardigan. Ideas anyone? Pandemic pullover? Ugh.

If I run out of yarn I’ll switch the hood to a collar. Might need some help with that.

Here’s the pattern photo and my work so far. Hope these display properly.

[https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/munken---monk/slideshow?fullscreen=1&start=7318941]

4 Likes

Oh, that is pretty whatever you want to call it!

I love that yarn colour!
I’m still plugging away at my 12th scale projects, but at this rate my potential book sales might be supplementing my pension :sweat_smile:

I call this beautiful! I suck at names. Your colors are just so lovely.

I’m playing with illusion knitting, working on a pair of socks and contemplating stranded Kokopelli figures on sock legs for an artist friend.

1 Like

A pair of socks for my wife for the mother’s day.
mihasockor2
I feel stupid that I changed the color for the ribbing one row too late (working from toe up) so the color change looks a bit strange there. I should have knitted the last stockinette row with the new color. I was too much in hurry to get them done to redo that section. It will probably look OK after some wear.

6 Likes

Beautiful socks and a very thoughtful Mother’s Day gift too.

1 Like

I love your sox! The colors are perfect!

1 Like

Thanks! She received them one day in advanced because we celebrated Mother’s Day together with my parents today.The colors are almost matching her shoes too:
mihasockor4

6 Likes

Is the heel Fleegle? I just finished the faux flap heels on toe up sox. They are now boring so I think I’ll work on finishing another pair for a while.

1 Like

Yes, it is a Fleegle heel with some small modifications. Personally I find Fleegle heel to be one of the most comfortable heels and I wanted my wife to have a pair of socks made with this heel.

1 Like

This is lovely. Oddly, the second pullover project I’ve read about this week, where the knitter moved from hoodie to collar for lack of yarn. Very nice and I admire your talent in adapting.

Socks! Love these!

I’m on a roll with these cute double-brimmed hats. Knitted two, one for a daughter and one for a granddaughter who live in Australia and just entering winter. I have two more orders from granddaughters in Japan… I’m a hat factory right now. Bartlett Yarns, Fisherman 3-ply. Tight knitting equals sore fingers, but love these little hats. [Photos in comments]

4 Likes

How does “Covid Cozy” sound to you? :wink: It’s looks lovely-I really like the mixed (marled?) look.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Those are cozy and warm looking hats with an adorable brim. Such a clever design. Well done!

1 Like

Nice hats!

1 Like

Thanks! I like Covid Cozy. I think marled is what you call the look, though it’s usually achieved with one strand of yarn that two colors twisted together. I was dubious at first but it’s growing :smirk: on me.

2 Likes

They look great, only the creator notices all the imperfections.

2 Likes