What kind of stitch is that?

Howdy all…a quick question.

My mom came down for Thanksgiving and she had one of those stratchy tube scarfs that you can do lots with like put over your head around your neck and pull it up like a hood. Looks like it was made with some sort of lash or butterfly kisses yarn. :thinking:

Any one know what kind of stitch to use if one were to make one? :?? Mom got her’s at a drugstore for around $20, but I thought that I’d make some for some office-mates how haven’t seen these things.

Any suggestions welcome :thumbsup:

-Wes

Hm. Could you show us a picture?

This is going to drive my nutzo because I just recently saw a pattern for a scarf that would do that. I believe that they did it with drop stitches so it would not be exactly the same but… Let me poke around and see if I can find the one that I am thinking of… :thinking:

:cheering: I got it, it’s the invisible stitch!
:XX:

Sorry Jenelle, I didn’t get a pic of it before she left and I haven’t seen any here in San Francisco.

Hey, Tigger! Great I’ll try it out! Thanks a bunch!!

-Wes

wes, sweetie, I was just joking. hehehe. not sure what kind of stitch it could be.
maybe when she gets home she can send you a shot of it and it will help identify.

LOL :rofling: :rofling:

Looking every where for that stitch :roflhard: :roflhard:

Seriously though, it has to be some really strechy stitch, but everything I try only stretches in one direction…not both.

-Wes

whew, I thought I’d made you mad!!
well see, the invisible stitch is used on invisible garmets and such. So you really can’t exam them well. also this is the stitch that was used for the Emperor’s new clothes :roflhard:

Well that explains how those tailors where able to knitt such fine stitches out of gold threads!! :rofling:

Ok, so I made a little stroll through the office building (yes I work in a huge building downtown San Francisco) and finaly found one of these scarves. It just looks like stockinette in the round. Geuss that would work??

I’ll try to get a pic soon and see what y’all think.

-Wes

Well that explains how those tailors where able to knitt such fine stitches out of gold threads!! :lol:

Ok, so I made a little stroll through the office building (yes I work in a huge building downtown San Francisco) and finaly found one of these scarves. It just looks like stockinette in the round. Geuss that would work??

I’ll try to get a pic soon and see what y’all think.

-Wes

Is it like this? If so, it’s just a tube knitted in st st.

wow, that’s a nice scarf kemp. i haven’t seen a scarf used in so many ways!
wes, did you buy a kit?

That’s the one!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Thanks, Kemp!! :thumbsup:

What size needles are used?

Tigger, no. Just thought I’d buy some Butterfly Kisses from knitt picks and throw it on some large-ish circs (when they arrive in the mail) and make um about 4-5 ft. long.

I don’t know…I actually bought this scarf a long time ago before I knew how to knit. If I had to guess compared to other scarves I’ve made with the fun fur stuff, I’d use size 13 16-24" circs.

It’s a called a cowl :wink: I made a couple for Christmas last year, but I just used a chunky yarn, not a furry one like Kemp’s :smiley:
EDIT I just found this generic pattern :thumbsup:

I am just curious Kemp what happened to your face? You are so pretty no need to black it out.

Robin

oh oh, be sure to post how you like the butterfly kisses!!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: I’ve been sick and wasn’t feeling too attractive today