What is work sts as they face you?

Can’t figure this out.
" On wrong side rows "Work sts as they face you’’ What sts do I use.

It means that when the st looks like a knit st, knit it, if it looks like a purl, purl it. There’s a thread called Knit the Knits and Purl the Purls that has some pictures and videos that show how to tell which is which.

Thank you, thought that was what it meant. I just ended a p2,k2 row so why don’t they just say k2, p2

Because that may not be how you’re going to work the next row. If you have a stitch number that’s divisible by 4, you’ll do p2, k2 again. Or there may be some other variation, like k4 p2 or something.