What is a "dd"?

I’m contemplating “Jaywalker” for my next socks. The pattern calls for a “dd” in rnd 2, and I can’t find this abbreviation in my usual sources. I’m guessing it’s a double decrease since there are also two "K-f/b"s in the rnd. Would this be what’s known as a paired decrease? Would “dd” therefore be “K2 tog, ssk”? Thanks!

Hi Denise. I just finished up a pair of Jaywalkers with regia yarn. They’re fun to knit, but one note of caution is that they are not stretchy at all so make sure you make them big enough. I find it a little difficult to get them over my heel but once they’re on they are comfortable. The dd stands for double decrease and it’s explained up at the top of the pattern under the abbreviations.

dd: double decrease – slip 2 stitches together as if to knit, knit the next stitch, pass the slipped stitches over the knitted stitch

Happy knitting. :XX:

:oops: Do I ever feel dumb missing her abbreviations section! I had the pages of the pattern clipped together with a huge paperclip, was reading the pattern lines, and didn’t see the abbreviations at all. Thank you Rachel Jean, for “finding” it for me! And also for the heads-up on the non-stretchy factor!