What does this mean?

Hi I am doing this pattern and it calls for YO. I looked it up and saw it said “Yarn Over”, but I don’t know what that is. This is the part of the pattern in case you want to see it.
17: K1, *YO, K2tog, repeat from * across, end K1 (22 sts).

It seems I am mixed up. I will wait for comments, but intill then; im stuck. I will keep my head up though! :wink:

Rosegirl147 :knitting:


Basicly, a yarn over (YO) is where you would wrap the yarn counter clockwise around the right hand needle and continue with the next stitch.

Heres a video…http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/increases
scroll down to the end and you will find videos there.

It’s an increase or the creation of an eyelet which it is in your case since the stitch count remains the same due to the k2tog.

If you are knitting (not purling) you bring the yarn forward between the needles then over the top and knit the next two stitches together. It will create a hole which is what it’s supposed to do.