What does this mean

• K1, insert needle under next horizontal loop of row below (between sts) and knit this st. Repeat from * across? i think i understand it, but how do i do it and what do i do with the stitch on the needle??? :wall:

When you lift that stitch up, you get the one above it, too, if I’m understanding what you’re doing correctly. Then you knit them both at the same time. What’s the name of the stitch?

doesn’t have a name to it.
[color=red]* K1, insert needle under next horizontal loop of row below (between sts) and knit this st. Repeat from * across[/color]
this is exactly what the pattern says.

OK–it’s a M1 increase. I missed the “between stitches” part, sorry. Amy has a video here of it in the increase section.

thank you. iknow how to m1… if that is what it is why don’t they just say that. it says m1 in other partes of the pattern! :rollseyes:

at first I thought it was a M1 but the “row below” part confused me. but I believe you gals, it’s a M1.
I’m not awake yet.

One thing to think about–if you’re supposed to end up with eyelets in that row, then you should knit into the front of the lifted strand–it’ll leave a hole. If it is supposed to be solid, knit into the little back loop.

picture

i think they are holes… or bumps

I remember doing a similar pattern years ago. I think the bumps come when you decrease later on. I would do a regular increase. Whatever you think will look best is up to you. As long as you increase the required number of stitches, then the rest is a matter of taste, I think. It’s a baby sweater–the knitting judges aren’t making house calls this week!

ok thanks! i was trying to think of something else to do if we could figure it out.