What are your favorite Christmas movies?

In no particular order mine are:

1. Charlie Brown’s Christmas (technically not a movie, but I must watch it nonetheless).
  2. Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas (ditto)
  3. Christmas Vacation
  4. White Christmas
  5. Love, Actually
  6. Better off Dead
  7. Christmas in Connecticut (with Dyan Cannon and Kris Kristofferson)
  8. Scrooged (Bill Murray…'nuff said)
  9. A Christmas Story (“I triple dog dare you” not to watch this at least once)
  10. The Muppets Christmas

I’m sure there’s many more that the rest of you will say and I’ll agree to, but that’s it for now.

I have to admit I am a Bah Hum Bug…

I hate Xmas and most of everything to do with it…but yes…there are a few movies I can’t help but get sucked into

Muppets Christmas Carol is one…
Rudolf is a must
Grinch that stole Christmas (the old cartoon less than the new movie, although that is cute too)

I still love Charlie Brown, Rudoph, Frosty, and those other traditional specials that come on TV. Funny, we bought those shows on DVD, but we only watch them when they come on regular TV.

I always think I cannot possibly bring myself to watch A Christmas Story and It’s A Wonderful Life one more single time, but I always do (those are on like a billion times during the holidays, how could you not?).

I always enjoy, [I]Charlie Brown’s Christmas[/I], [I]It’s A Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story
[/I]

In no particular order:

How The Grinch Stole Christmas (makes my cry every time…lol)

A Christmas Story (ok, the end of this one make me tear up too…haha)

A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer (1964 w/ Burl Ives…it’s so cheesy but I love it…lol…)

Frosty The Snowman (1969)

Christmas Vacation

I like all Christmas movies, but I think my favorites are the old classics.

In no particular order and all on my Netflix queue -
Holiday Inn
Miracle on 34th Street
The Bishop’s Wife
Holiday
It’s a Wonderful Life
Christmas in Connecticut

But there is a lot to be said for just plain fun and silly, too!
Elf
The Grinch
Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation (National Lampoon)

How could I forget the Grinch?!?!?!? For sure, this is a must.

Oh, and I love the Vicar of Dibley Christmas specials. The one where she does Christmas lunch with everyone is such a riot! And the other when Alice gives birth in the manger during their play gets me crying every time. And Mr. Bean’s Christmas, too.

I’m a Christmas dork! There…I’ve said it.

Lethal Weapon
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
Long Kiss Goodnight
First Blood
Jack Frost
Silent Night, Deadly Night

Thank you Jan!!!
I had not even thought to add Christmas movies to my Netflix queue. I :heart: Netflix.
My favorites are
A Charlie Brown Christmas
The Grinch-both versions
Elf --you gotta love Bob Newhart dressed as an elf
A Christmas Carol
A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation

I can’t stand Will Ferral, but i LOVE LOVE LOVE the movie Elf. I think it’s hilarious. It’s non-stop laughter.
And A Christmas Story. I own this one and watch it regularly throughout the year, but I’ll be tuning in to the 24-hour marathon later this week, naturally.

I don’t have a lot, but here are a couple:

White Christmas
The Christmas List (with Mimi Rogers, very cute movie)
Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas (makes me cry!)
The Grinch (cartoon not movie)
Charlie Brown Christmas (I cry at this one too cause I feel sorry for Charlie)
A Magic Christmas (with Mary Steenburgen on just a night or so ago and a BIG BOOHOOer so have the kleenex ready)

WHAT 24 hour marathon?! What channel?

I don’t hate Will Farrell, but most of his movies are just stupid. I do love Elf though. :teehee:

Elf
Chirstmas Story (I’ll be tuning in for the marathon as well)
Miracle on 34th St.

White Christmas has always been a favorite.

Fallen Angel with Gary Sinise has become a favorite. A very sweet story and it will be airing on Hallmark Channel this Friday night and probably will be repeated a few times between then and Christmas.

I love, love, love Meet Me in St. Louis with Judy Garland. I used to live there so it is sentimental for me and my g-grandmother went to that fair.

I also like Miracle on 34th Street, and It’s A Wonderful Life, and I love A Christmas Story.

Prancer is a cute one also.

White Christmas!!
I watch it every year when i am wrapping Christmas Presents and have it on agan when i am putting the decs up. I love it to bits. My mum dos the same even though she is australia. She will turn the AC right up high so she can sit with a hot mug of coco and a blanket and pretend it is wintery outside!

I love got so exited about the thought of White Christmas tthat i forgot how much i like Miracle on 34th street (the original or the modern version) and Santa Claus the Movie is a big favourite of mine.
And The Snowman - although it now makes me sad as a it brings back memories of watching it with my Grandma who would always sing ‘walking in the air’ very badly.

I love Christmas movies, but can someone [I]please[/I] explain the appeal of Elf? I find Will Ferrell entirely moronic and although Bob Newhart as an elf is funny, the rest of it is just plain dumb to me. And I like stupid humor. I actually really don’t like this movie. I was just talking to my DH about it last night. People who’s opinions I normally have high regard for like this movie so I must be missing something. I watch it every year and get mad at myself for having just wasted 2+ hours of my life trying to figure out the mystery of Elf.

I love Elf. I just find it very funny and sweet. There are some movies that I just don’t “get” that others like. If you don’t like it, you just don’t like it. Enjoy the ones you do like and don’t let it bother you. :mrgreen:

I forgot about The Santa Clause…I don’t mind that one…

The first one…I haven’t seen The Mrs Clause…and there was another one wasn’t there?