Unraveling from CO edge, not from body of work

Hi,
I am halfway done with the Big Bad Baby Blanket from the Stich N Bitch book, which calls for 2 strands of yarn throughout. I didn’t think I had enough of the edge color so I knit the first 20 rows with just one strand, then proceeded with 2 strands after that (don’t ask, please). I’m 3/4 of the way done and realize that I want to fix the first 20 rows (I want to do the double strand of yarn) but there is no way I am frogging the whole thing! I heard that you can find a destination row and then actually cut off the wrong part and reknit it going the other way. Does anyone have any specifics on how to go about doing this? I’m so afraid to actually cut the yarn!

Thanks,
Xueling

I did it on a sleeve and it worked out fine. As long as you put in the life line, it can’t unravel from that point.

I cut a few rows from the life line and then took out the rest of the stitches.

Okay, I’m going to try it! Wish me luck!

You can do it!
:cheering:

I think if you start knitting in the other direction, the new section will be off by half a stitch. (Someone may want to confirm this for me.) If you need to redo the beginning, it might be a better idea to start a new piece with a new cast on edge and then graft the new piece onto the existing portion. If it were something knit in the round it wouldn’t matter, but since it’s a blanket, it very well might.