Twisted - Knitting in the Round

I am abour 3/4" into a project which is knitted in the round and notices that the circle is twisted. I recall that the pattern said to be cautious not to twist. Is there any way to fix there or do I have to rip everything out?

How can I avoid doing it again.

Patti

There’s no cure for it. :pout:

When you re-do it, it helps to knit a couple of rows flat so you can more easily see if it’s twisted.

Either that, or lay your needle down and make sure that all the cast on stitches are on the same edge.

We’ve all done it! :hug:

Unfortunately, there is no way to fix it once it is twisted. You will have to rip it out and start over again. The only way to prevent it is to check and double check that your stitches are all facing the same way on your needle before you ‘join’. Don’t worry though, it’s happened to all of us! Be glad that you discovered it after only3/4", sometimes you get a lot further in before noticing.

I had my stitches twisted when I was doing my poncho. I was tempted to make it and leave the twist in, just to see what it would be like on a large article, like a cool twisted kind of wraparound. I chickened out though, it’s too much time to risk ruining it. I always check and re-check, like they teach you in driver’s ed at stop signs.

[b][color=indigo]I think this is the best advice in the world. :cheering:

With that said, if one did continue on knitting with it twisted what would happen? A Mobius? EMWTK! :?? [/color][/b]

Not quite a mobius because it would have two edges instead of a sungle continuous one. Creative Knitting (?) had a freebie pattern on their site a few months ago for one.

sue

Jan, I wish I would have read your advice before I started a project that I was doing 288 stitches in the round. It calls for two flat 144 stitches that you seam…but I HATE SEAMING…so I thought I would be a smarty…after about 3 inches I realized it has to be twisted…so I am going to start again …knit flat…PRAY when I go to connect it!

Me? I don’t see any comment from me so don’t know what info I might have offered. What are you making? I hate seaming as well, but for something like that I would probably knit at least 3 or 4 rows flat so I could at least see how looks when joining. Is that what you’re planning on doing?

Yes that was your advice…I am so sorry I didn’t see the post first…I googled twisted stitches in the round and was directed to the knitting help site immediately with your sound advice!

… and probably will again! :rofl:

If it makes you feel any better, when I read your post, I thought you’d said you were 3/4 of the way through the project, not 3/4 of an INCH. :wink: