Tricky pattern question

Hello everyone, I’m a semi-experienced knitter and am exploring new stitch patterns. I came across one in a book called " The Carson", and I can’t get my head around the one technique. The pattern calls for a multiple of 4 sts plus 2. It consists of two rows. Row 1: Purl across row. Row 2: * K2, pick up the yarn below the 2 next sts on the left needle and pull up a loop, K2 (slipping st off hook after each K), pass the picked-up loop over the K2, repeat from *across row, ending K2. What I don’t understand is, what does it mean by “pick up the yarn below the 2 next sts on the left needle and pull up a loop”? I’ve tried to find this mysterious strand of yarn to no avail. I know it’s not the strand of yarn between the last st on my right needle and the first on the left. I really want to try this pattern, and this book provides no instructions on this technique. Can anyone help? I’m going crazy here! Thanks so much.

Welcome!
Can you post a photo of the resulting knitting from the book? Don’t post the pattern due to copyright but just the photo. Use the landscape icon in the center top of the Reply box.

@salmonmac, , I just found out how to do this maneuver, I accidentally (happily) came across this stitch when I was searching YouTube for ways to make a Popcorn stitch. Turns out, that strand of yarn below (and in between) the next two sts on the left needle is a running stitch. It was hard to see because it was hidden between the two previous two sts. I had to take the tip of my right needle and pry those sts apart a little to see it. It’s not obvious at all. And this running stitch isn’t itself being picked up; the right needle goes below this stitch and through to the back of the left needle, then you knit a stitch and pull that loop back through to the front. Geez, no wonder I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I’d like to post a pic of this pattern, but I’m a dummy - I don’t have a brain when it comes to things like that. I don’t even know how to copy and paste (I guess I could ask my 8 yr old niece - I’m sure she has more skills than I do.) Thanks for responding to my post. This knitting community here is the friendliest I’ve ever come across. I’m not one to join forums, usually, but here it feels comfy and down to earth.

Good you found it! I was having a difficult time trying to imagine it. And we’re happy you found us.
Yes, when I have a question, I ask the nearest elementary school kid.