Tips to block lace scarf

First of all I want to apologize for not coming as often and always asking 1000001 questions…

I love this forum, but my computer time, lately is rather limited, so I end up lurking more than anything… Please forgive me, ok? :frowning:

Yes…once again, I have a question… sigh :oops: I’m about to make that “airy” scarf from ‘Last Minute Knitted Gifts’ and they say that after I knit it I have to block it.

I already blocked purses, but I never blocked a lace item… How do I do that?

Thank you soooo much in advance!! I promisse to come more often! :heart:

Btw, this is what an airy scarf looks like.

[color=grey][size=2]The Mod Squad was here[/size][/color]

OMG! I just thought I was going crazy! :roflhard: Thanks for making the title better! :heart:

I haven’t made any knitted lace, but done tons of it with crocheting. I usually will hand-wash my items, and use a clean towel to blot out most of the water. While it’s still damp, I will use a blocking board {often a piece of cardboard covered by a clean sheet} to pin out the doily to measurements. With a larger item, I will often use the top of my bed. Make sure your pins are rust-proof. When your item is dry… it’s done! And now for the bad news… you will need to repeat this pinning process every time you wash the item if you want it to keep the nice crisp look it has after it’s dried.

Thanks Nicole! :heart:

I’m glad this scarf is not sooo bad (or intricate, I should say…)when it comes to lace… :shock:

Thanks Nicole! :heart:

I’m glad this scarf is not sooo bad (or intricate, I should say…)when it comes to lace… :shock: